Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for noob question but, im looking at getting an EJ205 and an V8 Sti transmission will i have any issues with this combo?
or anything i should keep in mind?

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
369 Posts
That trans will bolt up to any EG, EJ or EZ engine. Without a dccd controller, it is the sketchiest Subaru ever in the snow

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That trans will bolt up to any EG, EJ or EZ engine. Without a dccd controller, it is the sketchiest Subaru ever in the snow
Do you know if I’ll need a new trans support or with the stock one fit?
Also are auto and manual trans supports different?

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
369 Posts
Auto and manual are different, and I used a 5 speed manual crossmember on my 6 speed. I heard the crossmember bushing is different, but I know a buddy who make his 5 speed bushing work. I ordered the 6 speed Group-N (stiffer) bushing for mine

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Auto and manual are different, and I used a 5 speed manual crossmember on my 6 speed. I heard the crossmember bushing is different, but I know a buddy who make his 5 speed bushing work. I ordered the 6 speed Group-N (stiffer) bushing for mine
More questions :D

will a Ver8 cross member fit under a GC8? or will a 2004 trans cross member fit?

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
369 Posts
Yes and yes. A factory automatic car may have plastic "stickers" covering two of the bolt holes, but they are there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts