Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's my question would you rather have a Ver5 Wing or a 22B wing for a 2000 SRP sedan?

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
I love the 22b wing, I want one. However, I think it looks indefinitely better with the wide body and out-of-proportion on stock RS.

I also prefer the V6 wing over the V5 because I think the slant looks meaner.

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
Personally, I love the Prodrive P1 wing... but its rather difficult to find

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
Ok so here's my question would you rather have a Ver5 Wing or a 22B wing for a 2000 SRP sedan?
The 22B wing will give the car a wider look from the rear. It also sits a tad lower than the v5. I have an authentic v5 and would rather have a 22B.

·
Banned
2001 BRP Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
796 Posts
I have V5, but after having it for so long I'd prefer wingless.

But to answer your question, I'd stick with the V5 wing because it would look more proportioned on an unaltered RS body.

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
I have a 22b non adjustable replica wing and had a V6 wing at one point I swapped my V6 wing for my 22B wing and promptly sold the the V6. Some pics. Not the best but just to give you an idea.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS, Silver
16 Posts
I perfer the RB style wing from siebon. Its not as high as the V5 or V6 and it will change the look of the car, ten fold.

·
Registered
GC8 STi, Mini, Lexus
543 Posts
v5 is boring to me. The impreza is supposed to be ridiculous and have a whale tail, just like the porsche and supra need a whale tail spoiler to look "correct"

i love the v6 and 22b wings the best.

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
The only problem with the V6 wing I had was its upper plane was directly in my field of vision in my rear view mirror

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
v5/6 ftw. I like RB5 but the lack of something on the bottom of it going across wether
or not it has a brake light just bothers me. The look of it I mean.

·
Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for all of the above opinions. I Decided to go with the 22b wing and bought it last night for only 160 (it was a replica):naughty:

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
Thank you for all of the above opinions. I Decided to go with the 22b wing and bought it last night for only 160 (it was a replica):naughty:
Grats. Does it have the 3rd brake light on it?

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
1,788 Posts
that's a bargain...I recently paid full price for a wings west 22b replica, but it's the best looking 22b replica I've come across

·
Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Grats. Does it have the 3rd brake light on it?
yes.

oh and the guy i bought it off of gave me his stock '02 wrx FSB/RSB for........FREE

great deal considering 13mm (stock '00 rs) RSB is crap compared to a 20mm RSB

1 - 20 of 47 Posts