Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Vendors got to enjoy their existing rates for more than a year before being moved to the new pricing.

I am working on a new home page that will allow us to feature vendor logos but it is still in the design phase at the moment.

·
Registered
97 JDM STI V3
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little bit annoying though as my account has been closed and I can't post anywhere - this came without any warning......have active posts/messages that need replying to. It kinda feels like I'm being pressured into renewing the vendorship in order to complete possible sales and reply to posts.

I must say that $79.95 is just too expensive. I don't think we'll be able to do that so I plan to open a private non-vendor account so that I can continue to update the members journal. I think you really need to put this into perspective a little - RS25 is absolutely tiny (no offense) but is now more expensive than the largest Subaru forum on the planet? I though in all honesty that $65 was expensive.

We're not some huge company like others on this forum.

I think your idea of logos on the homepage is a nice idea. I think it would have been much better to make these changes before you increased the price for vendorship! We may consider vending again on RS25 in the future depending on how these new homepage changes look.

I'd like to say that I'm really sad this has happened. I planned to continue on RS25 for as long as I could, especially as we are one of the few companies who still make new products for the USDM GC.

Is it possible to convert the Ironbridge username to a normal account or do I need to open a new username to continue to post on our member journal?

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
The price to be a vendor went up 12 or more month ago. Existing vendors enjoyed their existing plans for that period and were not being asked to migrate until now.

If you only paid 65 per month, then it appears your account benefited from the previous two price increases. Further, every vendor received this notice for the last few months:

<strong>*************NOTICE************</strong>
Hi {username},
This is to let the vendors who are on the legacy vendor plans know that they will be migrated to the new vendor plans in the coming weeks.

If you have any questions, like which legacy plan you are currently on, then please PM or email me at [email protected].
-Kevin
Site Owner

·
Registered
97 JDM STI V3
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK.

Is it possible to change the Ironbridge account over to a non-vendor account then please.

Also what do you recommend doing about posting on my active threads? People will continue to post and ask questions. I need to inform them that we are no longer active vendors on the site.

·
Registered
97 JDM STI V3
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK.

Is it possible to change the Ironbridge account over to a non-vendor account then please.

Also what do you recommend doing about posting on my active threads? People will continue to post and ask questions. I need to inform them that we are no longer active vendors on the site.
On second thoughts it maybe tidier if we continue the vendor plan for a single month, that way we can complete sales on open threads and inform our customers that we won't be vending on RS25 anymore in the future.

Still want to know if the Ironbridge username can be changed over to a normal account after we finish vending here?

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Normally, a vendor account is closed when it is no longer active, but let me think about some options that I will consider over the next day or so.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
An idea,

I can rename the ironbridge account as Rally-tech, then you can create a new ironbridge account for your member journal stuff. Would have to copy your member journal stuff to the new name, but I'd be willing to help you with that.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
The other option is to create a new Rally-tech account and start a new vendor account with that name. The downside with that is that you will be disconnected with all your PM's and such since it will be a new account.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts