Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS BRP
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vancouver Police have a new weapon against aggressive drivers. It falls under the category of 'if you can't beat them - join them.'
It was out on the road this last weekend - in fact some commuters might see it tonight or tomorrow and not realize what they're seeing.

"People would speed right by you not knowing at all," said Vancouver Police Officer Jim White.

If they only knew they were passing a police car going too fast.

Officer White is patrolling the roads and highways of Vancouver in what kids might call a sweet ride.

He and the Vancouver Police are using a Subaru Impreza to combat speeders. It's not too impressive in size but with 227 horse power, Vancouver's traffic unit found it's a fast machine.

"Zero to 60 in about 6 seconds, which is faster than our current patrol cars, and virtually faster than anything we have in the fleet," said Officer Steve Capellas. "100 miles per hour is not too hard to get to in that car."

It's the latest in a growing number of unmarked vehicles used by police departments nationwide. But this is one of the first to look so much like the cars kids use in street racing.

It's able to blend in to make the necessary busts. A local Subaru company is loaning it to the Vancouver police department for six months as a pilot project to combat road rage.

"We're gonna use it every day for the next 6 months, during the day and nighttime," said Officer White.

Last Thursday Kelso Police arrested a 20-year-old man who impersonated a sheriff's deputy and pulled a woman over with a light on his Ford Bronco. Vancouver Police said their unmarked Subaru will only be driven by uniformed officers.

But if drivers fear they're not being pulled over by the real deal they should drive to a public place before they pull over. If you have a cell phone, call 911 and ask the operator if an officer is really behind you.

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,962 Posts
i got pulled over in Lewis county by a lowered taho or something, all black, tinted to shit, huge tires, exhaust... the only thing that threw me off were antenas on the roof :(

i actually did a circle around it before i passed... lights were hidden very nicely. If i got pulled over by a wrx i'd be highly upset :curse:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts