Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
00RS & 02WRX
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a v5-6 momo streeing wheel a week ago.went to stall today..found out the aigbag plugs are lot of different.i did search around but everyone said they are plug and play..i have no idea..

· yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
9,328 Posts
i had a similar problem when i went to put an RS steering wheel on my 95 impreza coupe. i had to buy the clockspring from an RS so that the steeringwheel would plug in, but then the plug on the dash harness was different too, at least for the airbag, the horn plug was the same.

there are 3 sets of wires and 2 plug points in the steering column
dash harness <------> clockspring <------> steering wheel

in your case, i dont know how hard a proper clockspring would be to find. if you can find one, then you only have to worry about the dash plugs, which are more likely to be the same. otherwise youll have to cut and splice the plugs from your existing steering wheel to the wires on your new steering wheel, so they can plug in. or you can go without a horn or airbag

another option: if you can find a proper clockspring but the airbag plugs still dont match, then you just need the end of the airbag plug that it WOULD plug in to and take that and make a jumper/patch from your old/existing clockspring plug and then you could just plug it in without modifying your dash harness

· Registered
00RS & 02WRX
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i dont might to cut it..but their is 2 yellow wires from each side.i have no idea splice them since they are same color..

i think v3-4 only said MOMO on the center.but 5-6 have "->"logo around the momo

· Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
13,557 Posts
Scoobymods has a write-up on the V5/6/7 wheels, but not sure about the V3/4 or Legacy wheels, which that appears to be. You can check. Also do some searches on NASIOC, it's been around longer than we have and you may find something in the Archives.

Brian at www.northursalia.com has a writeup on the V5/6/7, which may be one of the same ones as on Scoobymods, since he's a contributor, but it'd be worth checking the Modifications section of his site to see if there's something there. He may have a blurb on his steering wheel page about splicing older wheels, not sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.