Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2.5RS, STI, BRZ, ZL1 vert, X5D
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running full 05-07 STI drivetrain (Trans, Diff, Axles, hubs, brakes, suspension) but kept stock GC track width by using GC length lateral links and front LCA's? I've 'heard' that people are doing this but I'm wondering if the narrower track width would cause an issue for the longer STI axles?

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Plenty of people have done it. You need to use axles to match the track width. If you use a GD subframe up front you need to use a spacer in the LCA mount.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts
The gd wagon axles work perfectly in front, they are a little shorter than the sedans wrx and wrx sti. I have the gc aluminum lcas and run wagon axles. In the rear, I have an R180 so I bought Suberdave race adapters (he has a website) and used the R180 inner cups and my oem axles and outer cups. It's somewhere in my "journal" on Nasioc and here in several places as well. I'm 2slofouru on Nasioc.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,513 Posts
I run GC axles in front with GC aluminum control arms and GD axles in the rear compressed for the GC track. I've done this for years with no issue, but it's not truly the correct way to do it. I do have noise from the rear end, but when I installed everything, I also threw in a subframe lock kit and Whiteline diff bushings, so the noise could be more related to that than the axles themselves.

Ultimately, the best option would be to get Version 6 STi rear axles.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run GC axles in front with GC aluminum control arms and GD axles in the rear compressed for the GC track. I've done this for years with no issue, but it's not truly the correct way to do it. I do have noise from the rear end, but when I installed everything, I also threw in a subframe lock kit and Whiteline diff bushings, so the noise could be more related to that than the axles themselves.

Ultimately, the best option would be to get Version 6 STi rear axles.
This is good information to know.. Do the front GC axles fit into GD 5x114.3 knuckles?

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,513 Posts
Good point, they actually do not. I'm running 5x100. You'd have to run GD STi axles up front. I've temporarily run a GD 5x100 front axle after snapping a couple at a drag race and it was a pain to install, but it worked to get me home. I don't have further experience than that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point, they actually do not. I'm running 5x100. You'd have to run GD STi axles up front. I've temporarily run a GD 5x100 front axle after snapping a couple at a drag race and it was a pain to install, but it worked to get me home. I don't have further experience than that.
Seems like I'm going to have to experiment then. I may end up just using all 05 STI stuff and add as much camber as needed to make the wheels clear. If it is too much camber, I'll play around with GC length control arms.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,513 Posts
If you run 05 STi BBS wheels, you'll have an almost imperceptible amount of poke without camber, it'll be manageable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts