Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester Black/Gra
583 Posts
Can I use my stock Front rotors with 06/07 4pots? Yes or No? I need answer fast please , car is jacked up ready to install.

·
Registered
1995 STi Version II
53 Posts
This thread has become too big to navigate, but I can't find an answer on the JDM V5/V6 4/2-pot setup. Are they the same as the red 4/2-pots?

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,850 Posts
I believe the rear black 2 pots go on the R180 hub and won't fit out hubs. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza L
147 Posts
Question: If I currently have rear drums on my Impreza L, would there be any adverse effects if I upgrade just the front brakes to 4pots? Do I need to replace the master cylinder, booster or proportioning valve?

Thanks!

·
project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Question: If I currently have rear drums on my Impreza L, would there be any adverse effects if I upgrade just the front brakes to 4pots? Do I need to replace the master cylinder, booster or proportioning valve?

Thanks!
Nope, there shouldn't be any major problems. Not on the street, at least. If you track or autocross your car you may notice weird brake bias issues, but I'm guessing if you are into motorsport you'll probably be upgrading your rears to discs before too long.

·
Interior Paint Pro
V4 STi-RA
1,503 Posts
I have an L and if I did this upgrade, would I need the RS knuckles or anything like that, or do I just need the calipers and rotors?

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza L
147 Posts
The RS and L front knuckles are the same, so if it works with an RS, it'll work with an L. If you want discs in the rear, you'll need rear RS knuckles.

Another question: These 4-pots are from the 06-07 WRX...isn't that when they started using 5 x 114 lug patterns instead of the 5 x 100? If so, would we have to replace the hubs and our wheels?

I'm guessing not, since i haven't read anyone mention it.

·
project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
The RS and L front knuckles are the same, so if it works with an RS, it'll work with an L. If you want discs in the rear, you'll need rear RS knuckles.

Another question: These 4-pots are from the 06-07 WRX...isn't that when they started using 5 x 114 lug patterns instead of the 5 x 100? If so, would we have to replace the hubs and our wheels?

I'm guessing not, since i haven't read anyone mention it.
5x114 hubs have been on the STI from 2005 and up. The 4/2 pots came on the WRX in 2006 and 2007 with 5x100 hubs. No WRX has ever come with 5x114 hubs.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,281 Posts
/\ Wow, a lot of fab to do just to add those. :confused: Could you not have just purchased and installed the 06/07 usdm wrx backing plates on your knuckles? That is how I did mine, bolted in with the four center bolts perfectly. Is there something I'm missing, is it different for your car?

Also, this may not be the correct thread but does anyone know the smallest diameter steelies that will fit without rubbing the 4pots? I'm thinking of getting a set of cheap backup wheels and tires to run if/when I bend another wheel.

·
FRS Rocket Bunny
2014 FRS
186 Posts
Since their is a thread devoted to these brakes I thought I would ask here, does installing these 4/2 pot upgrade require any modifying of the ABS system? I have a 2000 RS.

Thanks

121 - 140 of 228 Posts