Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
Black 1998 Impreza 2.5RS
210 Posts
Upgraded my 98 R.S with STi 4pot calipers. Here's my parts list:

STI 4pot calipers w/hardware - bought thru JDMPartsTX about 3-4 years ago
Brake pads - Raybestos (part# SGD647M) (bought thru Rockauto)
Rotors - Centric (part# 12047018) (bought thru Rockauto)

Here are some pics:
Stock caliper and rotor

STI 4 pots

Everything fit fine. Used the old caliper bolts to bolt the new ones in. Also re-used the stock brake lines. Will eventually upgrade to either Goodridge or STI brake lines later on. And no clearance issues at all. My stock rims fit fine.

·
Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
2,176 Posts
just got my 2 pot rears. have the rotors. now i need to know where is realible place to get brackets to house the rears! i dont want to have to go through all the trouble of replacing the wheel bearing.

talked to poleboy and he isnt making anymore brackets. kartboy is ridiculously expensive, anyone know why??

so does anyone have ideas :D

·
Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
2,176 Posts
just got my 2 pot rears. have the rotors. now i need to know where is realible place to get brackets to house the rears! i dont want to have to go through all the trouble of replacing the wheel bearing.

talked to poleboy and he isnt making anymore brackets. kartboy is ridiculously expensive, anyone know why??

so does anyone have ideas :D
???????????

·
Registered
2002 WRX WRB - STi
212 Posts
sorry to bring this back from the dead but i just finished my brakes today with the kartboy adapters for the rear and i must say that i am very VERY DISAPPOINTED because i had to machine out the bolt holes on the left rear to get the holes to match and grind away a lot of material on both to get them to fit right onto the calipers. also the supplied bolts are too long so i also had to grind about 2/8th'' off on all bolts.
over all, great idea but crappy machining. thought i was going to get what i paid for.
last thing, the rotors for some reason didn't fit like it should. the first time it seized (wouldn't spin freely) did some modification and now have grinding noises when turning left and right. going straight no sounds.

·
Registered
2013 BRZ...sold the 99RS :(
158 Posts
What is the total cost of converting to 4/2 red Subaru calipers? It seems like allot of trouble and money to get minor results. The discs are not that much bigger, and fade resistance is in the pads. And having to replace the rear wheel bearings too? The total cost must be in the $2000 range.

What we really need is an aftermarket set of four machined calipers that bolt directly to stock mounts and use stock sized discs.

·
Registered
94 Impreza LSTi WRB
98 Posts
I picked up all the pieces for this upgrade including the F+R calipers, rotors, pads, bearings but I dont have the rear backing plates or the hubs/spindle from a 06-07 wrx. I do however have this kartboy bracket for the rears, with this bracket is it necessary to have the backing plates from 06-07wrx and what are my options for hubs/spindles/ebrake.

my car is a 94 L impreza w/ drums in the rear.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2000, 2.5rs coupe, silver
23 Posts
no. You'll need to pull / remove part of the dust shield so that it does not hit the new rotor though.

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
55 Posts
can some one give me the part numbers for an sti master cylinder and brake booster. i just put my 4/2 pot brakes on and the pedal feels like ass. hoping this will fix it.

61 - 80 of 228 Posts