Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
07 WRX, 06 STI, 00 RS, 05 LGT
69 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the 4 pots will clear my 16x7 sport edition d5's?? Or maybe tell me how I can measure to see if they will without 4 pots in my posession. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
upgrading

Im planning on doing this upgrade this winter as well.
My problem is i had 2 wheel bearings go out on the rear.
Me & my uncle started tearing it apart to find that everything is rusted to hell.
The rotors, calipers, hub, all the bolts & the backing plate. So im going to replace everything and upgrade my brakes at the same time.
Can anyone tell me if i buy the 4/2 pot upgrade for the front & rear, should i buy 00' hubs or do i need the 06/07 hubs for the front & rear.
And i would also like to upgrade my pads and rotors when doing this install.
I was thinking a slotted & drilled rotor with maybe some hawk pads. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a website where i can purchase pads & rotors that will fit with the 4/2 pot upgrade.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bring this up from the dead. Sorry if i have missed some infos here. I recently just bought 4/2 pots. It just came with pads and calipers only. I searched but for some reasons i still have questions:

1. Front rotors were the same from 02-07 (if im not mistaken), so i bought centric rotors with part #120.47018 along with stoptech ss line with part #950.47004. The front pretty much plug and play. Were they the right part for the front one?

2. For the rears, which part # the rear backing plates. I checked with subarugenuineparts.com and i put 07 wrx tr. they gave me different part #s which was 26255AA061/71 than 26704FE080/90. Which one should i get?

3. For wheel bearing, should i get the 06/07 wheel bearings? Or my stock gc8 wheel bearing. I am using my stock gc8 hubs and knuckles.

4. Are Centrics with part #120.47025 correct?

5. Rear stoptech lines with part #950.47501 also correct?

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
'01 2.5rs w/ V7 EJ207
11 Posts
Just an update, You shouldn't have to shave down the kartboy adapters like you used to in the past. I installed mine a few months ago, and didn't have to. However, you still need to add a washer to the bolts it gives you, or else they will scrape the rotor in the rear.

·
Registered
1995 STi Version II
53 Posts
Anyone having done this, did the parking brake parts from the old setup install directly into the backing plate of the 06 WRX or do I have to order a whole 06 WRX parking brake setup?

221 - 228 of 228 Posts