Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2000 Impreza L and right now it's completely stock. I wanted to upgrade the exhaust but I was looking for some suggestions. I was looking at the Greddy Evo 2... any thoughts? Also, what do I need exactly? I know I need a new muffler but do I need new pipes or anything else? I also heard someone say I need new gasket for some reason... is that true?

Thanks.

· Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
5,237 Posts
pick the exhaust you like best

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52687

first things first. get borla/borla replica's (ebay) for the suby rumble.
go catless if you want a really good power gain
when even you put a new exhaust part on. you should always get new gaskets. but i play it by hear, if they look good than reuse them. but others will say different. i just use it until it leaks...lol
i love the look of the greddy EVO 2. but if u go catless make sure you have a nice long resonator in the midpipe to cut on the raspyness. if u want to just want to get a small gain in HP and sound. get a greddy evo 2 axle back or catback if u perfer or depending on the price you find. and get the headers i said above.

there is a TON of info about people asking the same questions. im not tell you to search but reading what others said might add on to something i said or you might find something else you i didnt say or what others didnt say.

let me know if you have any new question

oh...BTW... going catless will make you get a CEL, use a spacer to get rid of it, and going catless will make you fail emissions. so KEEP your stock cat and just bolt it back up when emissions com around ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.