Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth the $$$ to get some electronic 'gizmos' to get more power out of my 2.0 Impreza (euro MY01) ?

I really like that Apexi stuff (looks cool :D ), S-AFC fuel mapping, ITC ignition timing,....

The only mechanical stuff I'll be doing is a MRT full exhaust system (with cat.) and (much) later some work on the camshafts, pulleys and flywheel (as soon as warranty period is over :D )

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Is that a 2.0L turbo or NA? Those electronics will make a bigger difference on a turbo, and not as much on an NA car, unless you have it really modded out (which it desn't sound like you do.)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a N/A engine.

I'll stick to some minor mechanical upgrades,
it's not worth the cost, me thinks.

Will save that $$$ for a WRX.....some day...some day...

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Yeah, for now, just go with the intake, exhaust, maybe cams, that kind of stuff. Once you get that stuff done, the electronics will start to help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
dpjef said:
Is it worth the $$$ to get some electronic 'gizmos' to get more power out of my 2.0 Impreza (euro MY01) ?

I really like that Apexi stuff (looks cool :D ), S-AFC fuel mapping, ITC ignition timing,....

The only mechanical stuff I'll be doing is a MRT full exhaust system (with cat.) and (much) later some work on the camshafts, pulleys and flywheel (as soon as warranty period is over :D )
I have Alum. flywheel and pulleys... Just got tranny repaired under warranty. Check with whoever will be doing the warranty work. My guy says even a chip wont affect warranty status. I think it depends on the shop.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
MRT sound clip

Just made a soundclip of the MRT exhaust on my car.

I'm pleased with the change engine response, but
I think MRT made the backbox to really keep the noise
down :eek:

Pics and sound clip of MRT exhaust

btw. MRT (or the German dealer) sent me the wrong midpipe (for a Legacy !). We cut out a section and put in a piece of a turbo midpipe in between.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts