Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
00' RS SRP, 00' Ver.8 RS swap
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm currently changing my water pump and when i pulled off the old pump the rubber like gasket on the top right of the pump pulled out with the pump but the gasket looks like it also goes between the bracket piece where the timing belt tensioner bolts up, i cannot get it back in and don't really feel like pulling more pieces off the engine. is this an important gasket or it just used for deadening vibrations between engine parts? Should I make the attempt to get it perfectly back into place or is that unneccessary?

Matt

·
Registered
00 OBS Silverthorn Metallic
4,184 Posts
I believe you are talking about the sealing tape on the timing belt tensioner bracket. There is a longer piece and a shorter piece that seals out dirt. There is no other signifigance to that gasket. When all the brackets, tensioner, water pump, oil pump are bolted down, they don't move the slightest bit. Subie just uses these for sealing purposes only.

·
Registered
00' RS SRP, 00' Ver.8 RS swap
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i figured it out the other day when i took some more stuff apart to clean the motor. Its just sealing tape for dirt like solbey said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts