Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
04 STI silver\silver
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So having and impreza means everyone wants to race a WRX and I just happen to look like one minus 2 doors (but then again I live in Frederick Maryland otherwise know as Fredneck and i dont have a blue oval or a little H on my grill) but I have a couple questions. How do you know when to end? I usually slow up around 60-70 only to have the civic, Integra, or whatever fly by me? I have seen people in this area cut others off with no room to spare just to keep going. Just curious not to big into racing anyways maybe done it twice since I got the car in June not worth getting the tickets, hurt or hurt others.

·
RSS Hottie
'00 RS
445 Posts
street racing is either stop light to stop light racing or 1/4 mile which usually had you going somehwere in the 80 mph range depending on how good you can race your car, if it's not turboed.

My suggestion is not to worry about it you stop when you want to and keep it safe..don't endanger anyone.

Tara

·
RSS Hottie
'00 RS
445 Posts
When the lights green it'll depend on the guy next to you.. he'll either

a: keep on it until the following light or traffic
or
b:it's usually whomever gets to and through that light first.

You learn to judge people in situationslike that. It's usually b though, in my experience. You want the light to be red so you can do it again. This works in a area that there's alot of sets of lights

Tara

I do not promote street racing it's bad mmmkay.

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
Street racing is bad... unless the other guys is being a total dick and won't leave you alone, then you waste him :D

H

·
0 Posts
I generally don't even go as far as the second intersection. I wail on them with my mad reaction time skillz and let off after the intersection, so usually it's through first and coasting into second, keeping it legal, sorta. :D

It's really annoying when you line up against cab drivers here in Seattle though. They ALWAYS go in the right lane when the other side of the intersection is only 1 lane (the left one goes, the right one turns into parking), then they go as soon as the yellow turns off going the opposite direction, jumping the green by a good second or two. :curse:

·
RSS Hottie
'00 RS
445 Posts
wilddave1 said:
I'm not a big racer or anything but in the video's i've seen the winning car turns on the hazards to signal the win.

You could try it?

Dave:checkit:
Up where I live that is fondly refered to as the ricer beatdown. I've seen kids doing it at the drags. Actually for the videos they do it so we can see who actually wins.

Tara

H

·
0 Posts
And on the freeway it's a riceboy flyby. I've been meaning to do it to some of these kids when I pass them in my beater redneck Ram. :devil:

I lamost couldn't resist doing it to the riceboy in the lowered/altezzaed/bling blinged Eclipse that I passed on my way back from skiing... compact snow and ice on the ground, Eclipse riding on summer tires, doing 15mph... me with the hakkas, doing 45. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't do it often myself but ever once in a while I can't resist. I usualy won't go above 15mph above the speed limit.

But it seems that evertime when I beat the crap out of the other car and I back off the go flying by and when you get smeplace they go on and on about them beating you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts