Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

Unfortunately it spends most of its time sitting in the garage under a cover now. :(

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,231 Posts

Unfortunately it spends most of its time sitting in the garage under a cover now. :(
That doesn't help... lol.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it. Oh well. It will get some clear corner love soon from JDMGary. One has been cracked since I got the car; figured it was time to replace it. I also need to touch up a few chipped spots on it. That should be soon as well. Well, hopefully, wife is due any day now so that will probably take priority. :D

edit: figure I'll throw my late submission for May's garage pic in here. You can see one spot that needs filling on the left/center side of the hood. Also the grill. The paint is flaking off the lip in several places too. :unamused:

·
Ex-Mooderator
3,231 Posts
Oh, you can't have a 2-door car anymore then... might as well sell it to me ;)

I'd seriously fly up there and drive it back to VA for you =)

Best of luck with the kid though, that'll be exciting =)

-- Dave

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
You never know, could be for sale someday. I haven't decided that yet but it's always a possibility in the future (not near future so no one PM me about it). I figure if I move past this car I'll keep the Leggy for a long time and maybe move to an E30 M3; always wanted one of those. Now, to win the lottery or something so I can buy everything I want! I guess I need to start buying tickets then tho...

·
Ex-Mooderator
3,231 Posts

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Boredom, some extra wood, an underutilized corner of the garage, and extra set of tires taking up floor space lead me from this:

to this:

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I think I'm going to throw the v7's on the Leggy, haven't seen that but also haven't really searched around for it...

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
I ended up scrapping the v7's on leggy thought. I'd really like to pick up the oem 5 spoke lgt wheels once my current tires need to be replaced.

On the RS front, I've driven it a decent amount lately. Such a change of pace from the leggy. I was experiencing some boost leak issues on the way home a couple days ago. I didn't have time to diagnose it that night though. I did the soap water test and then a shakedown and now it's not leaking...? Hmm, something to keep note of though. I'm going to start data logging some runs to investigate further.

Bracing question for everyone: I'd like user reviews of Cusco's chassis braces, the front lower subframe one and the rear one. Also thoughts on the beatrush rear diff brace. Is it super whiny? I definitely understand its going to whine; just not sure how much.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Car is still looking great! Good to see that :)

Let me know if you ever do put it on the market ;)
Thanks!

I wouldn't sell it to you, what do you know about this car? lol j/j

You ever sell your FD? Or did your plan of posting it for sale but not actually selling it work out? :p

Beautiful car meng!
Thanks!

Added fender cowl braces today. I was on borrowed time to install them so a driving impression will have to wait a couple days. The passenger side was a beotch to install. I'm not sure if the brace was off a mm or so or if the chassis is tweaked a bit because I had to file out one of the holes to get it to fit properly. As a result one of the OEM bolts cross threaded so I swapped it out for a flange bolt from a set I bought a couple months ago. I'd highly recommend anyone to buy a set of assorted metric flange bolts. It's saved my ass a couple times now. Other than that the install was pretty easy, no need to remove the fenders either.

Comparison between OEM and the Turn In Concepts brace (I didn't get a profile pic but the OEM one is narrow and flimsy)

Filed out hole

Installed

Assorted fastener set, I think it was ~$70 or so, well worth it IMO

·
Premium Member
991 GT3
503 Posts
Now that's some heavy duty bracing! Looks killer! My buddy loved his back when so I'm sure you will too. What's planned for the GC next? Have you taken it to any track days?

Actually I ended up keeping the FD and getting a 2012 Mazda 3i hatch; best decisions of my life lol. Now I have even more money into the FD for good reasons of course. Basically how it sits: http://tinyurl.com/okcd6sh

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Sounds good, the FD looks great too!

No track days planned. Maybe another autoX this year. My daughter was born in June so she's taken up a lot of time, as babies do lol.

Future plans include some more bracing. One is purchased and en route via Japan. We'll see how long it takes to get here, lol.

The fender braces seem to really make the front feel more solid. I didn't get a chance to push it too much, mostly normal commuting but it did feel more solid on the on/off ramps, especially over bumps.

Grabbed a pic at lunch:

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
Finally got some free time this weekend to install my Do-Luck cross bar!

(terrible cell pic, need to clean up the carpet cuts as well)

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Replaced rear brake pads on the leggy this weekend. I knew it was going to be a tight fit in the garage but it did fit!

Track day booked for the RS next month!

81 - 100 of 110 Posts