Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Hats off to Tire Rack and RallySportDirect.com! I ordered parts from them on Monday and got them today! (Cobb SS from RSD, pads from TR)

Rear Brembo refresh in work:

Side note, I'm going to post FS ads for BNIB rear Hawk RS pads and a BNIB Godspeed rear Brembo adapter kit.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
nice story man! You got a really clean car!
Thanks!

Not much new on the brakes. I plan to spend some quality time with them this weekend though. I'll post any pics/updates I can. We picked up this life mod last month so she has been taking up most, all, of my free time when my wife is gone.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Today I finished painting the front calipers. The front and rears are painted. I need to spray the logo stencils and then clear coat them and they'll be done. I'll get some pics up when I'm done.

Today I also swapped out the BBS/Direzza summer combo for the v7/Potenza winter combo. Man, the BBS are beat! I'm not running spacers or anything but man, they have taken some serious wear and tear the last couple years. I washed, waxed, Klasse'd them in March but no that's no help against rocks. They're going to need a full on refurb in another year or two....sigh.

The clutch from the drivetrain I bought was shot; not too surprised by that honestly. I picked up a new clutch, pressure plate and bearing last week. I got a flywheel too but it's not supposed to be in until tomorrow. The Brembo seal kits are ready at will call too so I'll pick them up when the flywheel is in. I also ordered a DCCDPro last week so that should be here this week or early next week. Man...the bank account is taking a beating! :blowingup

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Brembos are all painted (2007 cell phone pic FTL); still need a couple coats of clear though. Once that's wrapped up and the DCCDPro is here it's game on.

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,091 Posts
So you're the one who got away with this beauty! I'm endlessly jealous.

I went for a ride in the car and went to the bank the next morning to get a loan for this car. Ended up being about a grand short for it. (Damn the NADA) And because of that, I lost it :(

One of the biggest regrets of my life not buying this car. It seems you're enjoying it and putting it to good use though!

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Sorry, I haven't checked this in a while. Thanks! I remember there being quite a few people interested in it. I've been happy with it. It looks like you have a nice RS too!

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,091 Posts
Yeah for the price and the amount of time/money put in to the thing I'm sure a lot of people were. Had I another month I would've had it.

In comparison my car is hardly a thing to yours. It's nice, but not quite halfway to the same quality/value as yours is. Haha, sorry. I just get disappointed when I think of what I missed out on.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
No worries man. Heck I see cars on here and nazicock all the time that I lust after. I've had an 04 STi, 01 stock RS and now this one. Regardless of what you have there's always something "better." I've learned to just enjoy what I'm in. :projectsti.com:

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
My submission, for COTM:

another from the shoot, couldn't decide between the two

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Such a perfect car, love the color.
Thanks!

I'd have to say this is probably the most luxurious mod of the day here or on nasioc. The molding kept unseating so some epoxy, painters tape, and a little help from the wife's 5lb dumbbell and we're good to go until it cures. 4.25hp gain....at least

Side note, thanks to everyone at Pacific Import Auto for the work on my car (recently, before that, and in the future)! :projectsti.com: For anyone that lives in the PacNW, PiA is the only place to go. Search on here, on nasioc, anywhere, they are the shop to go to. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Thanks, I'm enjoying it so far. It's a 2.5i, which I prefer to the GT. Don't get me wrong I would love a GT but I definitely don't need one to haul a dog, daughter and groceries. I looked at a couple GF wagons but in the end they really don't seem big enough. The Leggy's have a bunch more room in the cargo area. This one is going to stay stock besides creature comforts and maybe some upgrades when stock consumables need replacing (brake pads/rotors, tires, etc).

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,231 Posts
Subscribing because I am insanely jealous and angry and frustrated that your car is that clean =)

My RSTi needs some rear quarter panel rust love and a repaint :(

-- Dave

61 - 80 of 110 Posts