Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
No worries, I have a new hub now lol. Car is running great, I daily drive it. I'm swapping out the rear brake pads this week, way too dusty. A 6mt is in the plans, not sure when I'll get to it though...

I was browsing around on nasioc and saw you're selling your FD. I remember you said you were getting one. It looks awesome, glws.

·
Premium Member
991 GT3
503 Posts
Yeah I hate dusty pads; the wife complains to me about hers on the Lexus almost daily. Were they axxis or the cobb on the GC, I can't remember.

Unfortunately the FD is on the "market" but I've been purposely not trying to sell it; as long the wife thinks it's for sale then I'm in the clear lol. The FD has came a long way and I see no need to sell it :p

Well good luck with the 6mt swap; they are crazy fun with them. I'm about to help my friend swap a full 06 STi into his GC soon. Here we go again lol

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I think they were cobb, either way they're being removed this week. With the BBS and summer tires off I put some TLC and Klasse on them so they've been better but less dusty is preferred to more dusty.

Ha, good idea on the FD. My wife has been asking about what happens to the car when we get a dog and have kids. I've slowly been seeding the idea of a GF wagon.

I forgot that I had noticed something slowly draining the battery when I got it. The optima in there was completely dead after a week or so. It's nothing huge as it doesn't impact it when I DD it. I need to get down to pulling fuses and checking voltage drops to see what's up.

I have these to refurb and install while I put off a six speed. (The not pictured ones need some TLC.)

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
A great day for AutoX in the PacNW today! A bunch of Subies out like always too!

Run #3 for me of the day, my 2nd best run (somehow botched the camera recording on run 4).

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Small upgrade tonight. I didn't have time for a shakedown run but I'll be autocrossing on Sunday so that should give me a good feel on it.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
car is so money
Thanks, nice wagon you have there too! I may end up grabbing a wagon as a DD in the next couple months.

One of my runs today. It was a rough day for me, I couldn't quite get the flow. I spun on my first run and almost on my second as well. Amazing when you watch a video and you're like, "wow, I was several feet away from that cone" when you were actually trying to be right next to it. Oh well, my main goal in autox is to have fun.

I had a great view while working the course too, besides the car eye candy: a couple Cobra replicas, GTR, 2 BRZ's, several STi's, etc.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yeah, it's the Bremerton course. I like the brace. I could definitely tell the difference in pedal feel.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ha, I'll let you know if it comes to that. I doubt it will though; would rather pick up a cheap GF and keep it stock.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
If a 5mt made a increasingly loud whining noise with a turboback exhaust would anyone hear it? It turns out the answer is yes. Hmm...

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
A rather cryptic last post but basically the drivetrain is shot. It still runs fine and shifts smooth but there's a horrible whining noise from the front and while up on a lift there's a lot of slop in the rear end as well.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yeah, I knew it was a possibility when I started autocrossing it so it's not a complete shock. I think it would have been fine with everyday driving. STi driveline could be in the works...

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
It should hopefully be here next week. Always rolling the dice when buying something used so hopefully everything is in good shape. The seller said everything worked fine prior to removing it from the car.

The 04's are pretty rare now. The newer, stronger 5x114.3 setup is preferred but I really didn't want to have to buy a new suspension and wheels. Hopefully that was the right move in the long run. We'll see I guess.

I need to respray my brembos; the paint is pretty beat on them now. I ordered new front pads for them, already have new rears. I'll pick up seal kits and have them rebuilt prior to install as well. Also ordered a Cobb SS, Kartboy bushings, and Cobb shift knob yesterday. I figure might as well swap that out while doing everything else.

I'm unsure on the brake hydraulic system. It looks like I don't need to upgrade to STi spec but I might while we're in there.

So, holding pattern and prep work for now. More to come later on...

41 - 60 of 110 Posts