Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm pretty sure my front wheel bearings are shot. i have two front KNUCKLES from an 04 sti.

replacing the old knuckles with the new ones should do the trick right? do i need to replace anything else?

also, i want the front 04 sti brembos and found a set for cheap.
i am running 5zigen gn+ 18x7.5 +48 offset.

will the brembos clear? im sure the size and offset will clear, but will the rim itself clear?

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
yeah i wouldnt base whether or not they will fit on offset alone. i had +48 17" Rays that needed 8mm more spacing up front to clear them. its really all profile dependent. my 05 STI bbs' clear obviously but with LITTLE room to spare, and they are +53 i believe. so youd have to actually FIND someone who tried it with those exact wheels.

i believe IWSTI.com has a "wheels that will clear thread" under the appropriate forum. do some searching there cause all those guys run into the same problems.

oh, and if its jsut your bearings that are bad, swapping out the whole upright/hub asssembly shoudl do the trick, just like you are plannign on doing.

·
Registered
2000 BRP Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
470 Posts
i think NASIOC has the same thread, they're all STI whores now anyway.

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet exactly what i was looking for. swapped the knuckle and hub in yesterday in about two/two and half hours. as very easy. thanks for the linkage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts