Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
01 RScoupe,02WRX
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Appleton,Wisconsin in what I used to consider a good neighborhood. Last night (or early in the morning) at 4 a.m. I heard my alarm go off. Threw jeans and shoes on, turned on the lights and banged on the window facing my driveway. I ran outside and saw two m-effers running away from my house. I turned to my car and saw the door was open the alarm now silent. They had spent most of the time unplugging the alarm harness underneath the dash.
They stole nothing thanks to the OEM alarm, and me being such a light sleeper. It took me 30 seconds to go from a dead sleep to outside. They effed the door paint and dented the hell out of the sunroof edges. Some molding is scraped to hell. Thank god for insurance. The police have a suspect too. I won't get into the details about that for legal reasons.

The bottom line. Stealing is wrong. Steal cable television, they've got tons of money. I don't! If they are caught you can bet my insurance company will sue them and I will pursue a civil suit. Wisconsin has a double indemnity law saying the victim is legally entitled to double the losses monetary value. Overall....It just sucks!

·
Registered
'98 RS, '13 BRZ
689 Posts
I feel like i live in a safe town too... one night a few years ago i accidentally left my car outside in the street, engine running, windows down, for about 8 hours, and nobody touched the thing. This is why it was hard for me to beleive my neighbor across the street had his car stolen a few weeks ago. Could just be a sign that the world is goin to shit...

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Wait.............there's two of these thread?

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
^^ I'm going to delete the other one. Just a duplicate I'm sure.

·
Registered
'99 2.5rs
195 Posts
On a similar note, last week someone pushed my car down my driveway (it's on hill). It didn't quite make it all the way down....it rolled off and scraped up against a good sized pine tree. The passenger side of the front bumper, fender, mirror, door, roof, rear quarter panel, rear bumper, and all the rubber trim and glass were scratched up. Caused $2.5k in damage (yay insurance).

They also smashed up half the mail boxes on my street

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Someone want to make a motion camera DIY for our subies. Seriously, I can't believe all the stuff that happens to our vehicles! My old buddy caught the kids who paint balled his WRX by using a motion sensor camera.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I feel like i live in a safe town too... one night a few years ago i accidentally left my car outside in the street, engine running, windows down, for about 8 hours, and nobody touched the thing. This is why it was hard for me to beleive my neighbor across the street had his car stolen a few weeks ago. Could just be a sign that the world is goin to shit...
orly?

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
last chrismas someone stole my celica full of tools and christmas presents. Found the car the next day and it was stripped of anything valueable. My wife and siblings didn't get any presents from me last year because of it. They got away with about $1300 worth of stuff. My insurance dosent cover car content. Theives piss me off, I have zero tolerance for them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Man I hear you there! I live in Menomonee Falls (Milwaukee Area) and my dad's truck got broken into. Funny thing is that they didn't take my dad's garage door opener, laptop, or blackberry, instead they took all of his CD's...

·
Registered
03 WRX Wagon
489 Posts
Man I hear you there! I live in Menomonee Falls (Milwaukee Area) and my dad's truck got broken into. Funny thing is that they didn't take my dad's garage door opener, laptop, or blackberry, instead they took all of his CD's...
Probably "hood rats" looking for more material to add to their bootleg collection so they can sell it out the back of their chevy g10 conversion van on 27th and capitol.

I caught three asians trying to break into my brothers car one night. They ran away without anything luckily. I also had my car broken into, the GPS was stolen but they left my leather jacket and a bunch of coinage.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
I live in Appleton,Wisconsin in what I used to consider a good neighborhood. Last night (or early in the morning) at 4 a.m. I heard my alarm go off. Threw jeans and shoes on, turned on the lights and banged on the window facing my driveway. I ran outside and saw two m-effers running away from my house. I turned to my car and saw the door was open the alarm now silent. They had spent most of the time unplugging the alarm harness underneath the dash.
They stole nothing thanks to the OEM alarm, and me being such a light sleeper. It took me 30 seconds to go from a dead sleep to outside. They effed the door paint and dented the hell out of the sunroof edges. Some molding is scraped to hell. Thank god for insurance. The police have a suspect too. I won't get into the details about that for legal reasons.

The bottom line. Stealing is wrong. Steal cable television, they've got tons of money. I don't! If they are caught you can bet my insurance company will sue them and I will pursue a civil suit. Wisconsin has a double indemnity law saying the victim is legally entitled to double the losses monetary value. Overall....It just sucks!
Glad they were deterred and didn't get away with anything.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
I wana get some sort of security system for inside of my subaru. When someone breaks in, and sits in seat my radio says "Congratulations, you just got pwnd." And turns the radio on to a high pitch squeal and sprays pepper spray all around inside the car :-D

·
Registered
Mazda 3
2,484 Posts
I wana get some sort of security system for inside of my subaru. When someone breaks in, and sits in seat my radio says "Congratulations, you just got pwnd." And turns the radio on to a high pitch squeal and sprays pepper spray all around inside the car :-D
hahahahaha holy crap best laugh in a while!!!! i second that idea

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
My suggestion, Go to cabelas and buy the hunter's game cameras and mount them on the side of your driveway or where-ever you park.

My parents are using one to figure out who is stealing their gas.

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts