Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

TwinKams L

45K views 339 replies 22 participants last post by  vocalkeny 
#1 ·
Hello to all, so I picked up a gc8 a few weeks ago from norcal, from a rs25 member on here.

The cars a 1995 one owner red Impreza L coupe with 168k when purchased, All stock, auto 1.8L, & comes with the safety package all wheel disc brakes & abs.

My plans are a full 2.5rs front end & trim, repaint it, then swap in a few years.

It’s my daily and already got a few things for it, though I think I may leave it stock until the paint work is ready. Enjoy.

Pics to follow

#323 ·
Nice and snug header! Who makes it?
it’s an old Cusco unit, got it for like $400 bucks. I used Eastwood gel product to dip it in to remove rust then one of their etching products. It’s probably gonna crack after a few hundred miles.
Not sure now if I should dent it a tiny bit to help “fit” better or just send it..

Meanwhile, guess what 4 mounting points are for?
Liquid Automotive tire Grey Black-and-white Font

Flash photography Membranophone Auto part Monochrome photography Metal

Yea you guessed it, NOS
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fire hydrant Gas Cylinder

also chopped the studs on motor mounts to achieve more low, but I’ll have to use at least one set of spaces for like -12mm or maybe -10mm

Circuit component Automotive tire Wood Computer hardware Font

and lastly I got the fuel tank in, the lines I all nicely zip tied doing the zip tie spacer thing but I forgot to take a pic. Looked nice
Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

#326 · (Edited)
hi welcome to my channel, I had to leave on an emergency trip and didn’t have ttime to grind away my fantastic welds from the previous post. Stay tuned. In the meantime, I have finally seen my newest part of my collection in person after buying this radmobile over a year ago. See ya in the USA soon. Enjoy.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Attachments

#328 ·
Thanks, the cheap/rare ratio was on point.

here’s a Gc update. All in, I prob should have just smashed the spare wheel well with a sludge hammer but at least I know 100% the rear member slides up with zero rubbing.
welding, grinding, welding, heat gun, bondo in trunk, seamsealer on undercarriage, and primer, paint. Could be nicer if I spent more time and had more experience in this type of body work but not bad for my 2nd “welded patch” in my life.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

Hand Wood Gesture Grey Style

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Fluid Hood

Automotive tire Hood Liquid Automotive lighting Asphalt

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Liquid

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Tire

#330 ·
Did some stuff on the car today, I spent around 1.5h trying to line up the front control arms into the top holes but with the ALK, it was off by like 1-2mm to bolt through even after applying all my bolt matching tricks, so I shaved off the powder off the lower holes and bolted them in there within 3 minutes nice. Also plumbed my fuel tank lines finally and was going to do the rear subframe install but my kid had a Lego race car I had to assemble. Till next time.
Black Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel

Black Automotive exhaust Shotgun Automotive exterior Exhaust system

Automotive tire Asphalt Gas Road surface Vehicle

Automotive tire Tire Drill Handheld power drill Hood

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Grey Trunk

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Personal protective equipment

Tire Motor vehicle Blue Automotive tire Hood

#332 · (Edited)
Did some stuff today, got my hubs apart, and most bearings off.. but the front hub side races didn’t wanna come off bc my puller kept slipping off. Filed the puller arms super flat and still slipped off. The kuckles are getting powdercoated the hubs are getttimg zimc plated.
Automotive tire Gas Cooking Soil Eyewear

Gas Font Metal Automotive wheel system Auto part

Also took out rear trailing bushings, and did the t brace, but kotched a little too deep so I had to tack it up and grind it down. Had to replace them bc this was an 07 brace with different height buahings. When I'm back in the garage I'll clean up and fill that weld, looks shitty in these pictures, the cut was too deep only 1/2 of the way so probably could have gotten away with not doing anything but it's better now, just want it alittle more better
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Mirror
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Motor vehicle Asphalt

Water Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Rim
Automotive tire Cookware and bakeware Gas Road surface Synthetic rubber

#333 · (Edited)
After running my rear trunk NOS setup through a force analysis in a leading CAD software and speaking to industry leaders, I discovered my NOS bottle placement would explode if a fat mom in a Tahoe rushing to get Starbucks’ new grandiose mocha frappuccino’s for her and her girlfriend ever rear ended me. so I built a bracket and used a bunch of riv nuts to place it a little further up. Still, should be in cabin but yolo right?

The old holes/rivnuts will be used for rear battery placement. Lucky me the box and bat I’ll be using for the holes.

Lastly I couldn’t help myself to test fit my radical intake setup to see if it clears my alternator with the alternator relocation kit from alternators.net

#334 ·
More dibble dabblin on the green machine.. after idk roughly 4 months? I got my fuel setup plumbed up and tightened. Had to shorten one hose about 4”. I’m taking bets on will it leak or not! Odds are 6-1 in favor of leaking like a bitch. Minimum bet $100.

(If anyone’s asking why I didn’t remove all sound deadening, I wanted to leave most of it so when I gift this car to my kid, we can have a “fun” project to do on it)

also I touched up the t brace with some more mig & sanding tools. It’s more better, and ready for bushings. Was gonna powder coat it but I’d rather buy 68 cheeseburgers with those funds.

#336 ·
Plumed my fire suppression system. Wondering how bad it’s gonna rattle.. I have a ton of that springy plastic coil sleeve for wiring I’m gonna put on some points, but still…

also my an fuel lines are all zip tied and one run is in the oem fuel line plastic brackets, but I’m pretty sure this won’t pass any “tech” I really don’t want to tap a bunch of holes for metal straps. I’m sure it’ll be fine as is, but again, not legal.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Steering part Steering wheel
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive tire Automotive design
Auto part Motor vehicle Metal Automotive exterior Monochrome
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire
Automotive tire Tire Grey Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Lastly was going to mount my divider t/y whatever you wanna call it for a parrallel fuel line setup but my block + npt to 6an fitting doesn’t fit one another. It’s bullshit, as the npt 3/8 port in Y, is same as npt 3/8 in conversion, just different brand. It threads in maybe 1cm and that’s it, still has like 2cm on thread left. Not cool for expensive fittings I bought 6 months ago and can’t return anymore & tech support was closed today🥲
Font Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory Glove Brand

#338 ·
watched the Barbie movie and decided my spirit color is pink, going all in, next up is my house exterior in pink.
Purple Product Pink Violet Font

Purple Chair Pink Gas Magenta

Purple Violet Bicycle part Bumper Magenta

jk, had a local shop powder coat w whatever pink they had in stock to as closely match the sti cherry blossom, a little off but still GAYYYYYYYY. Also paid $100 bucks to have them fab up a plate to box the outrigger, not beautiful tig but honestly I prob wouldn’t have been able to do it any better. Should be a good deal stronger, but with the coating, just as GAYYYYYYYYY.