Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Is it a modified sti oil pan?

Correct, they take an OEM sti twin scroll pan, weld a flange to hold the baffle. Also they add a bung for temp sensor I’m guessing. I do kinda wish they powder coated the whole thing after, bc there is bare steel now, tho with oil in it, I’m not worried about any rust......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
So not at the shop, but had a nice package come in. Im building up an OE component of the sti... guess what these are? More to come.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
So considering I’ve decided to strip, and seam weld my entire car... I figured getting this weird part would be beneficial and a now or never type of mod. I think my car is gonna be a little over killed w the bracing, as I have all the Cusco braces, seam welding & this.. beat rush/laile side sill reinforcement. Never seen it installed on a car (any) and am wondering how to prep the undercarriage..

grind down to metal, weld on, prime, seam seal?

Or maybe leave some oe primer on the floor pan, spray some self etch primer on the upper side of the brace then weld and primer over bottom? Not sure.

Also since I had this big package come I also got some other jdm goodies. Not sure about these as well as I don’t plan on lowering the car too much.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,733 Posts
Interesting piece. I was just going to cut out all the rust and weld some angle iron in mine for a brace/slider.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Some derp mods. Got this stuff from Pegasus not eBay so it should do “something”

121 - 140 of 153 Posts