61 - 80 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Wait, did we just become best friends?

Progress!

Engine bay cleaned up and first few passes with a scuff pad

Tomorrow I’ll tackle taking off this BS undercoating I did a few months ago. You can see where it never dried, in these spots it’s almost gooey.

Lastly i polished the exhaust. Sorry I’m in love with this thing. I felt bad getting rid of the artists blue mark on the tip but whatever it looks great.

Where can I find this gasket? Anyone know part #?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
294 Posts
I think you can still buy the entire cowl assembly last I checked, which might come with the gasket..obviously not the cheapest solution.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Thanks, I’ll try to look for some universal gasket for the cowl for the time being if fails I’ll get a new one.

Got parts in the mail.

Jspeed Downpipe ?????????????
“Complete separation of turbine outlet and waist gate. Excellent Venturi effect also accurately controls the turbine. The shape of our unique reconvergence part is a big point! Reduces exhaust loss, achieves high output and response never before.“

Spec C ej207

These braces from jp

Gotta take the middle part out of the bar and weld brackets onto the JP braces as the aluminum oem brackets make it all sit too high

Lastly got a used legit kansai service air box & v5-6 intake scoop fits Wells with 1 existing mounting point, 2 more and it’ll be solid.

Sent from your moms house using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
I got some stuff for my abs delete. Remanufactured master cylinder up first.. cost $35 and came with some weird plastic fittings and hoses... can anyone tell me why the hell they gave me this crap? I’d rather pay $30 and not get this garbage lol

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
yep. what they said.

put the reservoir in a vise. then you plug the green nipples into the ports on the master cyl. then put the hoses on them. put the reservoir on the master. fill the res. put hoses in the res. push plunger on the back of the master until you get those hoses free of air. remove all that jazz and install in car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
first mc swap thanks! My dumb ass would have been bleeding the mc from the calipers lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Speaking of extra fun.. I need all your help once again regarding the brakes, so extra fun doesn’t turn to extra death wrapped around a tree.

So I’ve done a good amount of research but this brake stuff is still a little confusing to me..

So ABS systems have 2 port mc. non abs, 4 port. Got that out the way..

——-
Prop valve question:

1) Does a non abs system with 4 port mc “need” a prop valve for rear brakes? Can I run my 4 lines directly do calipers?

2) wilwood has 2 types of prop valves.. one with 2 ports in/out. One with 5 ports, front in, rear in, front out, front our, rear out.

Now if I’m not a mechanic by trade and my brake experience is maxed out with bleeding calipers, changing pads/rotors, abs rings.. never did I really mess with the whole system.

So am I missing something? How do I hook up my 4 port (one port per wheel) mc to a prop valve? I can’t find a prop valve that has 2 in, 2 out, ports for a non abs mc...

T the line from mc to go into the 1 in/1out mc? Then t after it? That doesn’t seem right.

———-
Mc questions

in the post above, I shared my mc purchase.. many threads out there complaining of a spongy or too far depressing pedal with a 15/16 mc & brembos, should I worry? I also have a non ABS booster.

————

Guess this is it for now.. I’m shopping around for a prop valve.. need your help so I don’t buy the wrong shit again and again. Thanks in advance.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,180 Posts
The USDM non-abs P valve is geared towards rear drum brakes. The WRX Type R from Japan had a non-abs rear disc version. The early SVX with no ABS had a 1 1/16 valve . Sadly those are discontinued and I believe only pure MC's like what you got is all that's left atm from aftermarket companies. This is the perfect OEM combo for Brembos on our toys.

SVX Non-ABS Disc Brake MC (1-1/16) [26410PA001]
WRX STi Type RA Brake Pressure Control Valve [27673FA001]

61 - 80 of 153 Posts