Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
221 - 240 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
'96 OBS
374 Posts
not revving past 4k sounds like it's in limp mode. Is the ECU getting a speed signal (from VSS2 in the gauge cluster if it's a cable speedo or a 2-wire VSS in the transmission or directly from the sensor in the transmission if it's a a 3-wire VSS)?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
not revving past 4k sounds like it's in limp mode. Is the ECU getting a speed signal (from VSS2 in the gauge cluster if it's a cable speedo or a 2-wire VSS in the transmission or directly from the sensor in the transmission if it's a a 3-wire VSS)?
It is a cable speedo, and I actually didn’t have the cable in during this test drive. I just picked up one. I’ll install re drive it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 · (Edited)
Got speedo cable in, and tightend some vacuume lines, Teflon taped intercooler bolts. And it stayed in limp mode with these check engine codes. But check engine light was not on.

I did replace coils with plasma direct, I did tap into knock meter wire at the sensor for a gauge, then removed and connected the gauge @ ecu side not sensor. Fuel pumps sorta hard wired I guess u can say. Waste gate solenoid is after market oem unplugged.

I then removed the trecs2 ecu piggy back and ran only the jdm v8 ecu and it unlocked & shit rips now. Boosts up to 11psi. But check engine light is on with only p0230 & p0245

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Been a while. Had a kid so sold my manual
Hybrid civic for a Forester. Tricked the wife with the selling point that it’s safe more spacious, but she don’t know that if someone rear ends & totals my red GC, I’ll swap everything into this forester and be the coolest dad ever. Mods to come….. so far, titties. I mean tints. Tsudo uel manifold with high flow cat. Bought some 3 spokes too, to match the red gc. They’re bent so I got them un bent.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Eyyyyy sold my Airbnb property before ever even renting it out HAH. And new guy proceeded to move in his cars that are worth 34 times that of my impreza.

Anyway the red car is headed to some professionals @ AZP installs to get a general go through/double check of my work, and alignment.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 · (Edited)

Leaky stems like wow
Started “fixing” my green 97 chassis. Tons of frame nuts popped off when removing rear diff cradle, members.
Need to get the car on wheels before first snow, also gotta get the red 95 L in the garage. To do lists are stacked.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 · (Edited)
Spent about 2 hours wirewheeling rusty spots on the tank, then primed all edges and spots w some self etch and after anther good wash covered with CRC undercoating. Note this is the same stuff I used originally in 2018 on my red gc8, where I didn’t dry the undercarriage enough and had this stuff stay goopy as it mixed w water/degreaser/w&gremover. This time around i made sure it was dryyyyyyyy. 180psi made sure of that lol

Frame is prepped for welding, the old nuts that I extracted where kinda beat up so I’m ordering new nuts to weld inside the frame. I guess m12x1.25 is an odd size lowes/Home Depot don’t stock them.
Also wirewheeled the gas tank straps & filler and coated with galvanized paint

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
981 Posts
Your brake lines are in really good shape!
Lol, it's funny but I mean it. Can't believe there's still a connector on there after disassembly, all the ones I've touched disintegrated.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
Your brake lines are in really good shape!
Lol, it's funny but I mean it. Can't believe there's still a connector on there after disassembly, all the ones I've touched disintegrated.
I cut off one of the brake line nuts from that side as it seized up in the little divider block. Gonna make a few inches of that line & reconnect inside cabin.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 · (Edited)
So made space inside my garage for the red gc- gonna tackle a bunch of little gremlins and start bodywork. The space in the drive is not going to waste. Got a rwd jap car to complete my collection of - FWD (Clio), AWD (gc8), RWD (s13).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
I need to lease a place for a year honestly haha. get all my toys done.
This was a garage I rented like 10 years ago with my first 240. Never finished it, parted out the project and bought a new car. The welding was done by a friend w a garbage flux machine from homedepot and still looks better than my welds w a miller mig lol I Paid $175 a month for this “garage” / unsuccessful home machine shop.. what a time to be alive.

Anyway, got some stuff weld up in the green car, looks like ass gotta grind fill and grind some more lol

Andddd fitted my vents & scoop!! Scoop needs 2 more small brackets in the back but that’s where it’s staying- holes cut so no going back

221 - 240 of 280 Posts