Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
888 Posts
^This! Also, the knock sensor and AFR displays look awesome! Love the retro style, I think they'll blend into the interior well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #182

Wiring up some greddy gauges and got a question.. what will happen if i wire all (red, orange, white) + 12v into ignition power source? I won’t be able to dim or see start up sequence?

Just not trying to “burnout” these gauges coz they were many dollar units. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Good choice addressing the brake lines :) - But where did you get factory ABS delete lines from?
I ordered them online for like $110?, then 3-4 days later got an email saying they’re out of stock.

Fortunately my friend was parting out a $500 98 Impreza non abs so I helped him take the car apart in exchange for some small parts + brake lines.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
It’s the little things that count.. blasted then yellow chromate plated hood latch + syms grounding kit

Looks like a mess but it’s finished, don’t have pics of it more tidy: correctly wired gauges, hks boost controller, & other accessories. Fuse box gets acc/ignition power.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
888 Posts
That all looks fantastic, except that last pic lol, a lil sketchy... That's not on a Subaru I hope?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #190 (Edited)
No meaningful updates coz I’m lazy af, but I got some show off JDM TIGHT GEAR for the car thats netting a lower return than a millennial who bought GME @ $420 usd.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Had lots of this gold stuff from Pegasus left over... bought way too much.. so sending it on anything that may get hot.

Also redid the oil pan seal for the 3rd time I think I’m finally happy with it. I used a brake clean straw and tape to get all the tiny bits of RTV out of crank case.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
To do:

Pre install USDM pcv & hoses for iag aos
Golden corral bypass valve hard tube
Sleeve hoses, cut for remote oil filter + oil cooler
Make bracket for hks evc -s sensors / solenoids
Install spec c fly wheel
Install oem clutch
.... missing few steps.
Start her up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #194 (Edited)
Call me mr clean bc my bolts don’t go in dirty holes.

And remember kids, before you spend 2 years wire wheeling & stitch welding your chassis... TAKE YOUR F&!$ GLASS OUT

Above is a divot from weld slag in front door glass

I’ve also been looking for one of these for my brake booster. Couldn’t find any online, I don’t think they’re sold separately by the dealer (meaning u gotta buy whole booster) soooo I made one.

Og is like m8? For slave master.. fabricated is for m10x1.25 brake booster, yes the hole is threaded. Yes I will be blasting and spraying it primer/black.

02-07 WRX brake box in 95 GC8

Ready to install the dash, replaced all the cables from my 95 air bag dash to this 9? Non air bag dash. Cleans up nice.

I also forgot to tell the wiring guru that merged my harness that I also had a JDM cluster. Now I gotta do it myself and RUIN IT. Lol. Wish me luck.

& lastly: speaking of luck... here’s a little preview of my intake setup. This will be paired to a RleasureRacingService y pipe, and further down the line vf36..Tomei inlet..zero sport elbow..blitz advance power intake. All bypassed by a recirculated greddy type FV valve. This is all a result of 24+ months of searching auctions bc #ILIKEMYPARTSLIKEILIKEMYSTEAK-RARE.

Done:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #196 (Edited)
Crappy picture, & only a mock up... but thisssss view gets me motivated to work on this damn car a little every day to get it done.

&&& this is not a mock up. All wired and ready to jingle

This is how you win race wars, with the little things - polished throttle body

This is how you loose race wars- order wrong throttle body gasket :

Also FYI usdm pcv doesn’t fit ej207 v8 intake manifold... failed at the AOS install so I plumbed in some dual catch cans.

Erm got some used sti pink springs and idk what they’re to or from... the rears kinda fit like @$$. I’m also using 02-04 ? wrx bottom cushion... I wanna say these struts had dedicated springs or I need some v6 sti springs..?

H

Also started getting my rear arms in, as I got the sub frames in. This endlink + cusco bar look kinda strange to me

Also the old end links where seized and didn’t wanna lock out with a wrench. Nightmare.

I’m done with this car for at least a week. Been putting in work and seems like I got nothing done 🥲

·
Registered
01 WRX swapped RS Coupe. 01 RS Sedan
327 Posts
Also the old end links where seized and didn’t wanna lock out with a wrench. Nightmare.

I’m done with this car for at least a week. Been putting in work and seems like I got nothing done 🥲
That Radium catch can setup though :love:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #200 (Edited)
Looks like a glove heater to me, keep the mittens warm during winter.
Lol. There is a latex glove in there covering the lines. Ran out of gloves for the top ones though. LOL.

Anyway, chapter 200: if you know you know.

And remember, Always clean your holes. Don’t end up like me.

End link issues:

181 - 200 of 206 Posts