Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and see people talk about the TWE headers but no one seems to have them. Can anyone comment on the headers from experience? I'm seriously considering getting a set but would like to hear from some people first.

Hear they are.

http://www.techworkseng.com/prod03.htm

I realize they are quite spendy but if they work I don't mind.

Peaty

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I supervised the install of the first set in the US on wistful's MY00. They are a quality set of equal length headers. The bends and welds are real nice. Install wasn't to bad. Only one of the problems we had were directly resulted from the headers, was one of the flange holes was a cunt hair off and we needed some muscle to get it lined up. We had other issues but most were a result of the custom exhaust set-up we took off. We really couldn't get a solid gauge on power increases though. The setup he had before was a custom header that replicated a MRT setup, catco cat, and custom cat-back. We replaced it al with the TWE header, RT high flow cat, and a Brullen cat-back. Don said it felt a little stronger. Of course since the fabricator of the custom set we took off welded the rear O2 sensor in we had to kill it and drive home without a reading from a rear O2 and of course a CE light came on. Whether or not the lack of a reading from the rear sensor caused the ECU to restrict some of the power is unknown to me, but I would imagine it would. His car is definitely faster than mine with Borla headers, stock cats, and the same Brullen cat back. The only other major difference between our is he has cams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts