Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now debating on whether to go Turbo or SuperCharger for my 2000 2.5 RS....

I am leaning towards SC because it will give me power throughout the band (RPM)....and hopefully more reliable

but

ALL my friends who work/own Car Shop are saying to go Turbo...i seem against it because i figure there will be alot of Turbo Lag plus there is a chance of blowing the engine since i use my car as a commuter to go to work in NYC...

Plus if I do go Turbo...which Turbo Kit would be best for a 4eat?

:confused:

·
Registered
613 Posts
automatics have a larger jump between ratios. the turbo may be performing correctly at the top of the rpm range and when it shifts, it dips back out of the power band. the five speed with it's closer ratios can keep the turbo in it's preferred range. a supercharger, well, mine anyways, starts making mad torquez yo! at as little as 2000 rpm. this would keep it in the power band. this also explains why the automatic transmission will never be a viable alternative for an economy based modded cars(dangles participle) without too much compromise. i am not saying it can't be done though......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts