Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally got my new turbo it. Install took about 5 hours and went in fairly easy. It kicks ass, it pulls real hard now. I am still waiting for the chip to get back from TubroXS, then I can put in the STI injectors. Here's the pics.

Attachments

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Right on dude! Hey how much boost this is your monster running at? and how quick does the new turbo spool?...BTW! you won't be able to hang with me all the boost in the world is not going to help you!:p

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FRAKK's2.5 said:
Right on dude! Hey how much boost this is your monster running at? and how quick does the new turbo spool?...BTW! you won't be able to hang with me all the boost in the world is not going to help you!:p
1. Right now its just stock boost, 14.5 psi, but it spikes to 20 easy. After the chip I think it will be around 15-16psi
2. Spools at about 3200rpm just slightly more than stock, but full boost comes on much quicker.....ball bearings! :D
3. Bring it bitch!:checkit:

·
Registered
42 Posts
The duct tape bandages rule! haha

I forget, have you upgraded your brakes or some of your brake components yet?

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs-T
391 Posts
Ride Operator said:
The duct tape bandages rule! haha

I forget, have you upgraded your brakes or some of you brake components yet?
I believe he got the Nascar...er wilwood kit. Did you notice any difference or fade Casey?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, Wilwood/Perrin calipers with DBA rotors. They work great for me. I can keep my stock rim size, they are light, I dont need a monster big break kit (yet). I havent noticed any fade, its a more agressive pad and I changed the fluid to a higher temp.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TMRRALLY said:
5 hours!!!!!:lol:
Ya, 5 hours! For my first time doing this I think that was pretty good. Plus I took my time and made sure everything was just right. So blow me!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Quick WRX said:
Ya, 5 hours! For my first time doing this I think that was pretty good. Plus I took my time and made sure everything was just right. So blow me!
You left out that you didn't have to pay some other guy to do it. That's always nice.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tall J said:
You left out that you didn't have to pay some other guy to do it. That's always nice.
Ya Sean ..... All the labor was free! I didnt have to pay $500 and I learned about my car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice! Which turbo did you get? You have it hooked up to the
stock boost controller, right? It really sucks with the stock ecu
handling the boost controller with a different turbo.

What did you do with the fuel system?

Mine took 5 hours also, but I took my time and took a nap under
the car ;)

VF22 and JDM uppipe, jethot coated:

Matt

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mattjk said:
Nice! Which turbo did you get? You have it hooked up to the
stock boost controller, right? It really sucks with the stock ecu
handling the boost controller with a different turbo.

What did you do with the fuel system?

Matt
Its a IHI VF34
Unichip for boost control
STI injectors for fuel system. I am thinking of the perrin or vishnu fuel rails.

Yes - thats themotec on the downpipe. I am thinking of doubling up the wrap. I had never used it before, so I am experamenting with it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts