Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
rs2.5-sti hybrid
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright. i got another one for you. llol. im new to this turbo stuff. i have a stock wrx turbo i got for free. i have the turbo intercooler, downpipe uppipe, wrx fuel pump and intake. my question for you is what else do i need? i need some sort of sensor for the uppipe. and i need to find antifreeze and oil lines for it too. where do i go about getting that? and where do i feed it from?

· Premium Member
06 Lexus Rx400h
2,071 Posts
you want the best advice???/ it is 100x cheaper to do an sti/wrx swap!! it takes alot fo money time and trial by error to turbo that engine.. trust me im over 20k into it and i now wish i could have just done the swap!! you need to lower compresion.. pistons/ rods will help.. engine managment sys.. and all kinds of shit

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
you want the best advice???/ it is 100x cheaper to do an sti/wrx swap!! it takes alot fo money time and trial by error to turbo that engine.. trust me im over 20k into it and i now wish i could have just done the swap!! you need to lower compresion.. pistons/ rods will help.. engine managment sys.. and all kinds of shit
are u drunk???

my RS build cost well under 4000$ with the cost of a brand new 18G, rebuilt ej255 shortblock, and standalone.....

20K? you better be putting down at least 800WHP or you seriously fucked up....

in NO way shape or form is a swap cheaper per HP than a engine build + turbo kit....for the cost of my build i could barely have a stock ej205 in my car.....

as for the OP.....i think you said you're staying N/A now in your pm.....but if you do decide you still wanna turbo pm me any questions...or poke around in this forum for the answer

· Registered
17,115 Posts
are u drunk???

my RS build cost well under 4000$ with the cost of a brand new 18G, rebuilt ej255 shortblock, and standalone.....

20K? you better be putting down at least 800WHP or you seriously fucked up....

in NO way shape or form is a swap cheaper per HP than a engine build + turbo kit....for the cost of my build i could barely have a stock ej205 in my car.....
Anti Trust is the same guy who claims to be running 16psi on his stock EJ25 block.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.