Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've got all my big-bits (Turbo, IC/BOV) still waiting on flanges, gaskets, oil lines, EGT and Boost gauges, colder plugs. Prep wise I've relocated my cruise control, re-routed all the wires that run along the top of the firewall, re-routed my A/C lines, and installed the WRX fuel pump, test fit the intercooler and BOV. N/A guys, GET A WRX FUEL PUMP!! I drove the car this morning for the first time (too lazy to do a test drive last night) and WOOT! Definately spunkier than before, even spunkier than when I had the ProECM! On to the engine bay. For those who wonder, the WRX IC will fit if you move the wires on the firewall and relocate the A/C line but I've got a clearance issue with the recirculator elbow and the cruise control throttle. I'll likely be trimming the IC just for some wiggle room and may machine the recirc elbow a bit for piece of mind. To do list: Order oil lines, gaskets, boost & egt gauges (I'm looking at a sweet 2-in-1 gauge, its a little big at 3" but it will be less clutter in the cabin), balance fuel rail pressure (parallel mod or shunt an extra line into pasesnger rail), get the E-Manage re-installed, make a trip to the exhuast shop. I'm getting so psyched, I can see the light! All in all a full weekend of additional prepwork (or several nights in the parking lot), and a full day to a day and a half at the exhaust shop and we're boostin'!!

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RHB5, similar setup to Graham. The E-Manage is a fuel/timing controller that no one is using due to poor support from GReddy. I know the thing will work on the RS, its just a matter of getting the settings right. The E-Manage's basic functions are simple AFC, or full injector and timing control if you have the software/cable and a laptop, best bang for the buck if you can figure it out.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be using a WRX OE intercooler and recirc BOV. I've test fit everything and its tight but it fits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts