Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members. I am putting the finishing touches to a new turbo kit for the 02 2.5 RS and also older model 2.5's and was trying to gauge interest in such a kit. The kit will include the following:

T-28 Ball Bearing turbo
Bar and Plate Front Mount Intercooler
Cast Manifold
4X420CC Injectors
Reprogrammed ECU
Downpipe
Up Pipe
Blowoff Valve
Lines and Fititings
Cold Air Box
Polished Intercooler piping
Wastegate

Also a full exhaust sytem will be offered as well as a Carbon Fibre cold air box. I am expecting the kit to be completed next week and I am trying to gauge your interest in actually buying this product. The stock kit will have 7PSI and produce approx 220 horsepower. I am trying to keep the kit below $4500 and have you guys actually purchase them . I will have dyno numbers next week. Please let me know who would be interested in purchasing this kit as I need to make them in batches of 10 to be worth our time and investment. I have some 90% finished pictures but they are too large to post? Any suggestions on getting them resized would be appreciated. Thanks for your time guys.

Brett Payne
M2 Performance

·
Registered
852 Posts
Kit sounds good, though this sounds an awful lot like the one SPO Motorsports is about to put on the market.

I like the idea of the FMIC, no kit has come with one yet, so it would be nice to see how the install is one. Reprogrammed ECU? So we would need to send it to you for a few days to have it remapped? I've never heard of a remapping an existing Subaru ECU, though I have heard of extending the map and redline, so if you could shed a little more light on this it would be great.

Wastegate? Thats a given for a any turbo kit, whether it be external or internal, so it might help to specify a little and tell which company your using as well.

4X420cc injectors? Once again, what company? RC Engineering?

Will you be including any type of MAP voltage clamp for MY 2000/2001 RS's, which have a fuel cut problems when the Manifold Absolute Pressure reaches over 4.8 Volts?

Would I buy the kit? Would have. This looks a hell of a lot like the kit developed by AVO Turboworld and being sold by SPO Motorsports. I have been eyeing it for almost a year, as AVO is VERY reputable and this kit will probably SMOKE the craftsmanship of something like a Ludespeed. If this is the kit I am thinking of, yes I would have bought it, since I already went ahead and did my own custom kit. But, my advice to everyone else is, pay a little extra for this kit rather than accept the mediocre assembly of others on the market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am awaiting some dyno numbers and will post them as soon as I have them. I will have try to dyno the car in AWD mode on a 4wd dyno if possible. The kit is finished and looks fantastic. I will post again with more info and pictures. Thanks for the interest in our kit.

Brett Payne
M2.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey midwayman, I have a unibrow:biggest: my brothers wife always teases me about it.

anyway, more info please on turbo kit.:sunny:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone wanting some pictures of the kit please email me at [email protected]. I tried to post some pictures here but they are to large. We are finalizing the ECU and should have these kits ready in approx 2-3 weeks.Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts