Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,I remember being in this same boat when I was NA, looking for an aftermarket header.

I'm turbo now and i'm running a stock sti header, perrin uppipe, and some ebay (really good actually) full 3inch catback exhaust. I want to upgrade my header and looking for any suggestions

Are any of the one on Ebay any good going for around 100$? I remember buying the Borla reps when I was NA and they were very solid. Just wondering if there's anything like that around for us turboz?

Also, will I have to get retuned? Will this add a lot more power to cause me to have to retune?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, not a bad idea. I would rather get straight up aftermarket for a different sound though.

How much is that running you? (Just to get them ported and coated, not the cross pipe)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, not safe to assume! Haha, should have specified. I want a deeper true sti-like sound. I'm boosted now (sti shortblock as well) and have all the goodies but still feel like i'm lacking the sound. It sounds very good don't get me wrong, but I feel like the header is holding me back.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotcha, well that makes sense. I don't really see myself doing any other mods (until I plan on getting sti heads which is way down the road), so it just kind of sucks that I didn't get aftermarket headers in the first place when I did my build. D'oh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.