Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a geometrical difference between 2.5rs radiators and the jdm radiators on turbo GC8's (besides thickness)? I am finishing up work on my swap (finally the parts got here) and when I tried hooking up my new samco radiator hoses, they fit, but there were kinks in the hoses and I could tell that they just didn't fit exactly right.

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
I'd go with an upgrade...

I'm using a legacy turbo koyo on my ej20. 200 shipped.

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,394 Posts
koyo ftw. holds four more quarts of coolant than stock.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea I definetly want a koyo, my friend has one on his RX-7 and you can physically feel the difference in heat (they run hot). I just don't have the money right now.

·
Registered
type RRRRAAAAAA
741 Posts
imma hijack this post!! hehe but its informational

for those who got koyo on there RS.. what fan did u used? my stockers are way too thick to get them in there.. i could one get one.. and plus for some reason it dont turn on.. (does it have to have two fan to work?)

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
I forge the exact website but it waas calle dlike jazz automotive or jazz something. I'll look it up. I think its 217 shipped normally, but they just give me special prices because im cool like that, haha.

I'm only running one fan, its been working fine for me.

·
Registered
93 impreza, 06 forester
212 Posts
a single 12" fan will work. check summit or ebay for sub $50 prices. The wrx radiator does fit but the top mounts are different. easy fix though

·
Registered
98 RS Now with more interior!
20,049 Posts
And make sure you hook up the lines to the upper coolant resevoir. You don't want to overheat!

·
Registered
2001 2.5 rs coupe ver5 swap
190 Posts
I am running the JDM radiator, much better cooling over stock, but you will need the overflow tank, radiator brackets, and the fans off of the JDM set-up. I have never gone over the half way mark on the temp. Actually, once its warmed up, never budges, no more than the needle thickness!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts