Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the motor is about to be put in pretty soon, like this week for sure. What I was curious about was, when I put the motor in, should I keep the up pipe and the turbo on the engine or should I install them after I get the engine installed and bolted up?

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
Is this a factory turbo motor? If so then put it all together first and then put it in. That is the easiest way.

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
noo, ej18t! but the exhaust manifold, up pipe and turbo are off of a factory turbo motor so

this will be the first subaru engine pull and install..just want to know whats easier to save myself the headaches

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
mxpunk said:
noo, ej18t! but the exhaust manifold, up pipe and turbo are off of a factory turbo motor so

this will be the first subaru engine pull and install..just want to know whats easier to save myself the headaches
If it is all factory turbo parts then yes put it on first. But you will need a turbo crossmember or a cut off wheel :devil: .

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xmember = cut!

thanks again brydon, if im ever in your area or you're in mine let me know, ill buy you lunch!

oh yea; dude could i take the article you posted on NASIOC about tuning and put it on my website?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
mxpunk said:
xmember = cut!

thanks again brydon, if im ever in your area or you're in mine let me know, ill buy you lunch!

oh yea; dude could i take the article you posted on NASIOC about tuning and put it on my website?
Sure, I do believe forums are public property right? My fathers side of the family lives on the east coast so I have been there a few times. I do have to say I like the Pacific North West better. :) ... But I will be back to the east coast sometime. Probably not anytime soon.

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, id prob. liek it out there better too..east coast = ghhey. but we got 93 octane..

i just figured id ask you cause i was gona copy-N-paste the whole thing and just say "by: Brydon"

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
mxpunk said:
i just figured id ask you cause i was gona copy-N-paste the whole thing and just say "by: Brydon"
Sounds good. oh, and we have 93 also. And a couple of places with 101 on pump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts