Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're about to install a JCS TC2 on the 98RS. We're already running the AFC at about 10% leaning across the board except for a little enrichment at throttle tip-in. I need some ideas of where to go with the AFC after the chip goes in.

As I understand it, the chip is gonna allow a more aggressive spark advance, requiring more fuel for best results.

If anyone is running this setup on a DOHC 2.5, I'm intersted in hearing what general settings you're using.

Pertinent items associated with the setup:

Short Ram intake with cone filter
Borla Header
stock cat (for now)
SPT catback exhaust
aforementioned SAFC
A/F monitor (A-Meter)

·
Registered
95 Posts
last I checked, it had been agreed upon that running these two chips at the same time is a real bad idea. You have no idea what the TCII is doing, so how can you adjust the AFC accordingly?

Also, the TCII supposedly does some of what the AFC does, and I can see how they'll cancel each other out.

I would pick one or the other...and from experience, I would go with the AFC.

Down with JCS!

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have been wondering the same thing ever since i installed my proecm...the tailpipe suggests my car is running quite a bit richer, now that time has passed. supposedly you can wire them up together, but i don't know how you'd establish a baseline map since there's no reference. try emailing proecm, they might know...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts