Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
You can repair that too easily probably just cutting that side section out from a junk yard. No one will really see the welds behind the replacement fender.
Good point, I’m itching to take that fender off and get started but with everything with a Subaru...it’s Pandora’s box haha.

Any advice for roping/back taping the rear quarter window trim? I def would love to keep it in the car then trying to have a glass company come and cut it out.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,234 Posts
There is a 8mm nut on the bottom corner from the inside you need to undo. Then it's just clipped around the window, the window is glued to the car only.

I just pulled my windows last Monday on my coupe.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
So pull the inner quarter trim, access the 8mm nut, and then you can shim the window trim free from its clips located on the outside of the glass and leave the glass in?

Kinda like the Audi’s with the chrome quarter glass and drip moldings?

·
12,234 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Yes.

You are a saint. Thank you.

Well let me ask you, what do you think about a 2.2 hybrid.

I want to go EJ205 with a merged harness but was thinking of using my phase II 2.2 short block with a EJ205. You think it’s worth the trouble for higher compression and minor increase in displacement? I think at a maximum id want 300-350 wp/tq all said in done.

·
12,234 Posts
Crank or wheel HP? I had to push 435 HP crank to see 350 at the wheels.... which was a 257 with rotated errethang.

I have not dabbled in hybri builds, I stick with the EJ251 or EJ257's. Honestly never had a 2.0 or 2.2 yet oddly with 11 Subarus

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Crank or wheel HP? I had to push 435 HP crank to see 350 at the wheels.... which was a 257 with rotated errethang.

I have not dabbled in hybri builds, I stick with the EJ251 or EJ257's. Honestly never had a 2.0 or 2.2 yet oddly with 11 Subarus
Good question, I figured I’d go ej205 with mild cams, ported intake manifold (05+intake manifold maybe - seems more geared to top end power, not really my thing tbh) - or Plastic Intake manifold, exhaust manifold, up pipe, down pipe, coated and wrapped exhaust, intake manifold spacers, h6 alternator, Tmic? (FMIC?), intake, turbo inlet, coated and ported turbo, turbo blanket, gold reflective wrap where needed, lightened pulleys (not crank), lightened flywheel, air/oil separator, and small odds and ends.

As sad as it sounds, I’d like to stay 5 speed (might splurge on blast plates) as I don’t drive my cars like an irresponsible goon. I do like to have fun but don’t bang gears for the heck of it.

I think you can still have a lot of fun rolling into the boost and making quick but controlled shifts.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts