Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my '99 rs since it was new and have always had the worst trunk rattle and I cannot find where it is coming from, at first I thought it was the wing, I took it off still an awful rattle, can anybody help me?

Haven

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have had trunk rattle for a very long time on my '99. I also took off my wing, tightened the latch down on the trunk, took out the carpet, jack, spare tire and cover. Also took out the back seat and still get the same rattle. I thought that maybe it was my struts. After my Teins/AGX's wore out I put a set of SPT/KYB GR-2's on and still have the same rattle.

I just don't know what it is. My muffler doesn't move and my sway bar isn't hitting anything so I'm clueless.

I vaguely remember someone saying they had the same type of rattle and it was something in the trunk area that can't easily be seen. I want to say it was some sort of vent or something. I don't remember. It was on the I-Club where I read it.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
I know my rear package shelf (over the rear speakers) will rattle over bumps. I tried to put some extra padding there when I was upgrading the speakers but apparently I didn't do a good enough job it still rattles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I lowered the latch a little and I think it helped, I have not heard a rattle at all, thanks for all the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts