Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Subaru Impreza 2.2l
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Before the April event, I sold my daily with the WRX wheels on Hankook snow tires that I used for events. But I bought some Silver RS wheels a while back to replace my winters. They got the new Hankook Winter Icept EVO 2 tires right before the event.

I removed the mudflaps. They were crooked and annoying for the time being. Won't be reusing them for a bit.

My serpentine belt was cracked and I thought I heard some squealing. Replaced the belt and added a Grimmspeed Lightweight Crank Pulley. I went with Grimmspeed because it is the heaviest of the lightweight crank pulleys. The lighter pulley allows me to rev match faster when downshifting and overall accelerate faster when the clutch is pushed in. On the tight corners I like to drift, I hold the clutch in, e-brake and shift to 1st while hitting about 5k RPMs before releasing clutch again. With the AWD, it pulls around dirt corners so well. I like the pulley, the car is a little more responsive and seems to idle smoother.

Tobias so far - $1,984
(Uninstalled ======)
(WRX wheels/snow tires - -$400)
(Mudflaps - -$15)
= $1,569 ==

RS Wheels - $200
Hankook EVO 2 tires- $320
Grimmspeed Pulley - $110
=================
Total Invested - $2,199

I am pretty happy with where the car is. I never thought I would have as much money invested in the car, but I did not initially think the car would perform so well and be so reliable. It keeps surprising me.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,173 Posts
Turn around, find some useless stuff off the car and sell for returns :lol:

Looking good! $110 isn't bad either! I go with Kartboy because it's a local guy, made in USA, stealth black and $85 new.

Still, way better than OEM!

Keep it dirty

·
Registered
1995 Subaru Impreza 2.2l
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
The radiator in the car is from my Outback Sport I sold a few months ago. I replaced the radiator in my wagon when the head gaskets went out.I was planning on driving that car forever, but plans changed.
Because I have frame damage in the front and the mounting points were not the same, the radiator was making contact with the bottom corner of the core support where it meets the driver frame.

The bottom of the picture is the valve cover. The top section is the frame running up the driver side of the car to the core support. You can see the crinkle in the frame. It caused the radiator to run into the frame. I saw it when I installed it, but meh. It lasted a year and I think it was leaking to begin with. The leak is on the passenger side fins, at the bottom.

I replaced the thermostat and coolant bypass hose while I was at it. Parts were cheap.

I will have a more detailed update this week. The next event on Sunday at a new track. Half asphalt, half dirt. I'm pretty excited.

·
Registered
1995 Subaru Impreza 2.2l
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #152

One of my early practice laps. The track was very muddy. It rained all day on Saturday and in the early morning.

More to come with a full update.

·
Registered
1995 Subaru Impreza 2.2l
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Yea, I want more than just the tip!

Gimmie the whole thing ;)

Hahaha it's on the way!

Jeff, it was great. Once the mud dried up a bit, the track was amazing.

I will post a link to all of the pictures soon.

·
Registered
1995 Subaru Impreza 2.2l
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Was the course smoother than Byron?
Yes, the track was great. Very smooth. A few sections were a little bumpy, but you had to go slow there with all the mud anyways.

Here is a practice lap from the outside. You can see the details of the track better. One of my faster laps.

·
Registered
1995 Subaru Impreza 2.2l
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
It has been a while. Pretty busy lately but planning on a full update later today.

141 - 160 of 184 Posts