Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The first ever Traverse City Subaru meet will be held on August 17th at 11a.m. to whenever with a cruise to follow. We'll be grilling and hanging out pretty much all day. The location is the Traverse City Civic center near the basketball courts. Anyone is welcome and the more that come the better! Bring your own food if you want to cook! If you have questions PM me or post. All Subarus welcome!
Thanks!
Matt

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
So i'm pissed...

I was going to go to this today. I got up at 9am to drive to TC to go to this. I went to bed at 7:30am the night before so on 1.5 hrs of sleep I wanted to go to this...

2 miles south of atwood... (40 miles from home, 30 miles from TC)

Car just died. Was cruisin along at 60mph, right on time (10:30a) and my tach went to zero. Wouldn't turn over. She would crank, but wouldn't fire. So I pop the hood and start going through everything, cant find the problem for the life of me, fuses look fine, wires all connected, timing belt didn't jump, everything looks good, but no spark.

Towed it home, diagnosed as an ignition problem. No problem I say, and I swap in the RS coil and re-wire everything. No luck, still wont turn over. Log onto nasioc... The damn ignition fuse blew... I didn't even know there was a fuse for it, let alone those stupid green ones that dont look like fuses.

So all in all I spent 5 hours sitting at the side of the road taking my car apart, scratched it up getting it on and off of the trailer, and then proceeded to re-wire my ignition, all to replace a fuse.

So what i'm really trying to say here is...

When's the next meet?

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man that is one rough day, im sorry to here that. we were looking for you all day ha. we havent really set a new meet date yet but we would like to have another one. we had about 6 cars today so it wasnt a great turnout but the way i see it is it can only get better. I'll be sure to let you know for the next one tho. glad it was a relatively easy fix for you!

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh nice i grew up in bay city. went to bangor west elementary. ill definitely PM you. My cousin just got an RS down there its a STM sedan give him a wave if you see him.

·
Registered
2000RS STM Sedan
34 Posts
If you're going to do another meet give me like a week and a half notice and I'll get the day off and make sure to make it up again.

And SuperRoo if you get back on here, was that you i saw parking downtown Bay City infront of the Harvest a couple of weeks back?

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you're going to do another meet give me like a week and a half notice and I'll get the day off and make sure to make it up again.

And SuperRoo if you get back on here, was that you i saw parking downtown Bay City infront of the Harvest a couple of weeks back?
are you coming up on the eleventh to put some parts on or what? you better sell that truck soon

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think ill start throwing some dates out there soon ill check the calendar. What works for you guys within the next few months?

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
october for me, i'm hopefully moving out of state in the beginning of november.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
october for me, i'm hopefully moving out of state in the beginning of november.
ok well most of the subaru guys around here including myself are going to houghton for LSPR on the 17th so it would have to be before or after that and its looking like after. i'll do some more talking.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i was thinking maybe a cruise in october would be cool. driving all of m-22 would be ideal in my opinion. I love that road. who would be interested? my cousin(deetzer) will be up on the 11th so it would be cool if we could do it that weekend but im just gauging interest. let me know hopefully this will be a bit bigger than the meet! supperroo, my cousin would love someone to cruise up with just fyi.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS/WRX BRP
386 Posts
yeah the eleventh looks like a pretty good date hopefully you all can come it would be good to get some more people out this time

1 - 20 of 20 Posts