Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS Coupe, Black
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I am swapping my 99RS with a 2002 USDM wrx engine. I am keeping the RS transmission but I have upgraded the clutch, fly wheel and fork to the 06 push style. My question is if anyone knows which transmission snout repair sleeve kit should be used.. the TSK1or TSK3. Are the snouts the same size between a 99 rs trans and an 06 WRX? My snout has some moderate wear in a circumference From factory fork and tob. Also, the 06 throw out bearing does not have any clips that secure it to the fork Nor does the fork have holes for these side clips like the rs fork. Did this design go away to the 06 push styles? I’m not sure how much play there should be Between excedy 06 throw out bearing riding on new 06 fork and 99rs trans shaft/snout ..before installation of stainless sleeve kit. Help is appreciated. Long process nearing an end!

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS Coupe, Black
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I decided to go with the tsk03 kit for 06+ turbo models except sti. Fit the rs trans snout well and gives me more confidence since it’s mating with corresponding 06 push type components.

·
Banned
4 Posts
500 miles to break in. Have you smelled any new clutch smells yet? Smells like brakes similar. You need to burn off initial layer to mate to the surface. You don't go crazy on it for first 500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts