Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998, subaru, impreza L black
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so my transmission is getting replaced tomorrow with a new used trans.

my car is a 98 Impreza L 5 speed about 180k miles on it
But i am trying to figure out if i should keep my old trans (it pops out of 4-5 and makes lovely bearing noises) and rebuild it with better gears and parts and what not for AutoX or what ever i throw at it.

main questions are how difficult would it be to rebuild it how many specail tools would i need if any.

where can i get rebuild kits and how hard is it to mess with the center diff chances are i would install a LSD center dif if i rebuild this one

so anyone have any imput i am going in to get it fixed in the AM

Dont flame me for not searching because i am but to no avail so far, this is a shotgun decision and havent had chance to do the research i needed

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,273 Posts
when you take it apart, you will gain experience. That's the way to learn. You will find out what tools you need when you go through the process. If you are creative enough, you will be able to problem solve.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza outback sport 2.2l NA down and broken at the moment.
19 Posts
Seems like you got some.good help with this question lol. I'm looking for the same answer but I'm definitely rebuilding mine I was hoping somebody would have some information or a repair manual showing what I need as far as tools

1 - 3 of 3 Posts