Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been trying to find out if the 08+ wrx/sti and Impreza transmission crossmember (the one shaped like an H)will fit on the rs/L but I can’t seem to find anything definitive. Mines is pretty rusted and I have been able to find 08+ sti/wrx and Impreza crossmember for fairly cheap and in good condition. Not sure if anyone knows the answer.

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,603 Posts
I'm not sure if 08+ fits. I do know that the 08+ STI 6mt shifter linkage is too long for our cars. 05+ legacy GT shift linkage is too long also.

A junkyard I frequent who has locations in rust-free states, shows as having compatible models.

It's B&R Auto Wrecking, and their number is: 1-855-339-1932

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if 08+ fits. I do know that the 08+ STI 6mt shifter linkage is too long for our cars. 05+ legacy GT shift linkage is too long also.

A junkyard I frequent who has locations in rust-free states, shows as having compatible models.

It's B&R Auto Wrecking, and their number is: 1-855-339-1932
Thanks!!! I'll take a look at what I can find. Worse comes to worse I’ll either pick up an early year gd wrx transmission crossmember or just reuse the rusted one for now and worry about changing it when I can secure a sti for the second swap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts