Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
01 2.5RS Coupe
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....

So I have had nothing but issues with my 4.44 type RA trans. I got it from Osaka JDM without rear axles for the R180, had to drive it from Bozeman to St. Louis with mismatched final drive in the trans and rear diff.
There was a horrible grinding the whole way and as soon as I got home, I removed the transmission, got it inspected, center diff was absolutely fine, even replaced the old rear output bearing. I kept it static until I received the axles. Put the correct rear diff in, and that's all she wrote.

Anyway, my problem lies here. Whenever my car get warm, and I mean after I hard drive warm. It tends to grind in all gears but only when coasting all the way off of the accelerator.
I have meticulously checked the fluid and it's never low.

Does anybody think getting a transmission cooler would help keep the lube at operating temps and prevent the grinding?

Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
Your sound reminds me of when my pilot bearing was bad out of the box (new clutch)

Sounded like my transmission was gargling marbles when I was 100% off the gas in any gear.. if I was 50% off the gas it wasnt nearly as noticeable

Sent from an other planet (Tapatalk)

·
Registered
01 2.5RS Coupe
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what else I was maybe thinking. Did your throw out bearing cause any other damage? I.e. Fly wheel ect....

The car also whines really bad from that direction when letting off the clutch as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts