Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im really stuck on this issue. my engine is now up and running with the turbo install, super hyped. but my trans seems to be pulling no power to the wheels. in gear the rpms dont drop and at full throttle barely rolls. i didnt touch the trans. i checked grounds. anything i should check? i dont even know where to start

PLEASE HELP :)

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,584 Posts
Clutch is toast from all the extra horse power?

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,584 Posts
Of course, there could be an electrical problem. But, if the engine is revving up and you're not moving forward while in gear, I'd start with inspecting the clutch system. If the car has a cable clutch, you could try taking out the slack from the cable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course, there could be an electrical problem. But, if the engine is revving up and you're not moving forward while in gear, I'd start with inspecting the clutch system. If the car has a cable clutch, you could try taking out the slack from the cable.
ill start checking. but the weird thing to me is it hasent been driven since the horsepower upgrade. so the clutch has never seen the horsepower im making now.

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,584 Posts
Do you have anyone nearby who is knowlegeable about cars? The clues you've shared don't really give us anything to work on. I feel like you need someone who can inspect it in person. Maybe looking for wiring that got damaged during the turbo install.

·
Registered
2000 widebody coupe 2014 sti swap
74 Posts
I’ve run into this issue after a swap as well. Check all your cv shafts and make sure they are all popped into their diff. If a cv shaft popped out it will give you the same symptoms of a slipping clutch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts