Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this for a while know. Can you put a twin turbo porsch motor in the scooby? And if you could do you know how fast you would be....! What I mean is.. is it possiable and I know anything is possiable with money.

·
Registered
54 Posts
you'll need to do tranny as well. new 911's got AWD (not sure about the older ones). I'll ask a guy i know- he might know. I've seen Porsches with Chevy transplants in them so it seems they are not altogether unique. Anything is possible - with or without money. You could also check Porsche forums for engine size/specs...

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I believe the Porsche uses a 3.0L or 3.3L engine, H6 design, and of course is pretty fancy. Puts out 420hp last I looked. But for all the money and fabrication costs I think you'd be much better (and smarter) off by getting the Subaru 3.0L H6 from an Outback. Not only does it bolt in, drop in, with only minor modifications, but it could be done with a lot less cost. I'd have a billit crank made as the stock crank apparently has lots of problems with cracking under normal driving.

However, I believe the Subaru H6 has 212 HP. I would personally get rid of the variable intake and have a custom intake made, and you'd have to make a custom exhaust header to hook up to a turbo, but then you would be good to go. If you just wanted the same HP as a 911 turbo, you can get that out of the 2.5L block, though, so no transplant is really needed... just get a turbo kit and build the engine up. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, At the moment I have an 01 RS and I was goin to buy a t-kit for it but then I wanted to long becouse I did not know what kit to buy. But then I bought a house and the money for the kit went to the house. But I am working on a second job. So some timw soon. But thanks for the input. But I think the reason that I started this thread is only becouse it would be cool to be the first person to do somthing to that extreme.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Not only does it bolt in, drop in, with only minor modifications,
It does? Why hasn't anyone dropped one of these baby's in yet? How much more does it weigh?

monkeyballs-
Wanna do something extreame? Build up that Subi 6 into a 500 HP powerplant.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
By the way, I'm calling everyone I know Monkeyballs now, instead of Fuckstick.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if I where to build up the H6 I would have to learn about the motor all over agian, Plus building up the H6 would cost more then the EJ25 but then agian it would not take much to reach a 500 hp make in the H6 then the EJ25... And why are you goin to steal my name and call everyone else monkeyballs?:barf:

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Listen Chico, I call people fuckstick, szshuan, tonto, and anything else that comes to mind. I'm not good with names. From now on, my prefered given name to anyone I come into contact with is monkeyballs. You should be proud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts