Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000, Impreza, 2.5 RS, Aspen w
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I got a pretty much stocked out 2000 RS. I do have an exedy stage 1 clutch and an exedy lightened flywheel, and a kartboy short shifter. The problem is that I just got a tranny swapped out due to my tranny fork and my first gear crapping out on me. Today my fork is broken again. Does anyone know why it keeps happening to me. When i went to the parts dept of subaru and asked them if they see the tranny forks going out on people alot. They told me that it doesnt happen alot at all. So i was wondering whats going on. Is it due to the parts that i have in the car or something else that im not thinking of.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Sounds like for some reason, the hydraulic cylinder is pushing it too far when you disengage the clutch. Do you have any sort of hard plug under the pedal on the floor? I don't remember if it's under the gas and the clutch or just the gas pedal.....

The pivot ball may be out too far from the bellhousing, which may be messing with the throw ratio......

·
Registered
2000, Impreza, 2.5 RS, Aspen w
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late response. Work is really kicking my ass. So should i replace the hydraulic cylinder. As for a hard plug, i dont remember there being a hard plug anywhere on the floor. When i installed my pedals i dont remember seeing any at least.

The pivot ball is part of the short shifter right? Either way im not having a problem with my throws. Its smooth. The problem started showing when my pedal started sticking.

Sorry if i seem a little dumb sounding. Im not really technical when it comes to cars. Just learning little by little so please bear with me. Thanks for the info so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts