Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2001 2.5 RS, Silver
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a 2001 2.5RS with about 107,XXX km on it. I have been using a Royal purple tranny fluid on it. Oh it’s an automatic. I was wondering if I should get the tranny flushed or should I just do a dump and pour. Is it beneficial to do the flush to get all the oil fluid out?

what do you guys think?

Mods are:

-Remus exhaust
-High Flow exhaust system w/ Brola Headers (Love the rumble)
-Cold Air Intake
-TBS
-Cross Drilled and Slotted rotors
-Front strut bar
-Tein Flex coilovers
-Full sound system w/ one 10" sub
-Custom 8000K HID Projectors
-Smoked light kit all around
-18" rims/22b look a likes (in Hyper Black)
-Light body Kit (back spats, stock side kit and front spiltters-carbon fiber)

· Registered
2001 2.5 RS, Silver
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dump does not get rid of all the fluid. Some still remains in the torque converter. So the flush will get rid of all the old fluid and then they replace it with all new one.
So is it worth it to flush the tranny. I hope this make sense

· Banned
'04 RS PBP w/ Black Tarmacs
2,225 Posts
I'd do the flush. It's not too expensive and I think it's worth it. Otherwise you end up only changing about 1/3 of the fluid.

· Registered
04 FXT 97 OBS
39 Posts
The flush is a good service to do, especially on dirty fluid trannies .The good flushes use a chemical to break down and clean varnish and debris out while replacing it with new bulk ATF fluid. If you have been using Royal Purple for that long your trans is probably squeeky clean in there. Ask if they can flush it with royal purple if not a drain and fill it with RP afterwards if you like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.