Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'95 GF6
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trailer harness plug on early wagons

On a '95 wagon, I found what seems to be a pre-wired trailer harness connector. It's taped to the rear wiper relay, below the bottom edge of the access opening for the right taillight. The plug is 6-pin and seems identical to the trailer connector on the models known to have one. The location is similar as well. My guess would be that all '93 to '96 wagons may have a plug like this.

·
Registered
'95 GF6
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for confirming this. So it means one can use the plug-in trailer harness instead of splicing. But neither Subaru nor hitch mfrs. provide this info.
Do you think 1997-01 wagons would have the plug as well? I understand the rear wiring changed on those, at least there was no more plug for the cargo light.

·
Registered
04 Sti(sold) 02 Impreza TS
38 Posts
i have a 96 impreza OBS and i dont see one.. can you post a pic where it is? i need it to tow my trailer..

thanks

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
00 and i don't remeber seeing one i have had the car torn appart acouple of times

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
Yeah. I'm pretty sure only 93-96 wagons have them. I know my '93 does.

xtian: I don't have any pics, but I'll try to describe where it it. Basically it's behind the right side taillight (if you're looking at the car from the back). You might be able to see it by taking the plastic grill off (the one that you would take off to replace the taillight bulbs) but you can definitely see it if you take the interior plastic panel off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah. I'm pretty sure only 93-96 wagons have them. I know my '93 does.

xtian: I don't have any pics, but I'll try to describe where it it. Basically it's behind the right side taillight (if you're looking at the car from the back). You might be able to see it by taking the plastic grill off (the one that you would take off to replace the taillight bulbs) but you can definitely see it if you take the interior plastic panel off.
thanks for the info...

I will check again later..

·
Registered
38 Posts
i cant find it :( i dont think i have it on my 96 obs....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts