Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some wanna-be hacker is trying to spoof his IP address in an attempt to (undoubtedly) screw around with the RS Club. So how do you track a MAC address? :devil:

00.30.80.C9.80.70

Come on you network wizards, do your thing! :D

·
Registered
subbie
328 Posts
once you figure it out i got some hard hittin' friends that can go to work on him:boxer: :flame:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's nice having friends.... anyway, apparently it's pretty difficult to trace a MAC address, so I don't care. I've been online for so long it's about time someone hacked me, huh?

Okay, time to do some backups and then patch the server. Which means a re-boot. Sorry! :(

·
Registered
2001 ImprezaRS2.5 Coupe White
1,513 Posts
The MAC address will do you know good. The MAC address will be of the last network device that the traffic traveled through proir to the RS Web site machine. If you can get the IP address then there is a way to trace it back.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, he was spoofing his IP - he used a fake internal IP, but my firewall caught it, so I thought I might check it out.

No worries. :D

·
Registered
02 Impreza RS Blue Ridge Pearl
122 Posts
Sorry James, but unless that dude has a static connection, his MAC address/ IP Address changes everytime he signs on. So for an amatuer, it's gonna be super hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts