Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:stupid:
Hey guys I'm just posting today to answer a little question here. Has anyone tried that Tornado thingy on there intake system? YOu know that comericial for that piece of round metal that rotates and creates a vortex ands tuff? I guess it seems some cars benefit while others do not. Has anyone given this a try on an RS or any other impreza ??
I was just curious cause it is kinda cheap only like 70 bucks. I was hoping it would be worth a try. Ah well
Take care scoobys,
Devon

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Don't do it, it's a waste of money. Sure, it loks good in the commercial, when they have it in a straight, smooth tube. But do you realy think that swirl will last through a couple of bends and the torque box on the throttle body? All that thing is going to be good for is something in the way of the intake air.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
HondaH8er said:
Don't do it, it's a waste of money. Sure, it loks good in the commercial, when they have it in a straight, smooth tube. But do you realy think that swirl will last through a couple of bends and the torque box on the throttle body? All that thing is going to be good for is something in the way of the intake air.
Agreed - it's bullshit. If anything, it creates a restriction in your intake system, hampering performance. Save your money and get something reputable. :D

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
don't do it, it IS bullshit. there was a thread on that "other site" all about how the tornado was BS. Some people even say they LOST power with that little thing.

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
tonberryking said:
Well lfuck that.
Thats bull shit.
Anyone wannna sell me there fog lights/
Thanks honda
No problem, just trying to save you from wasting your money. But if you want to increase your performance fome a little bit more than the Tornado, get the GanzFlow CAI: http://www.imprezars.com/products.htm#my00intake . Of course, I'm making two assumptions here: 1, that you have an Impreza, and 2, that you don't have an intake on it yet. I have the previos generation of this intake on my car (mine has smaller tubing), and it works and looks great, and Larry ganz is a great guy to do busiess with! Anyways, have a good one, and, no, I'm not going to sell you my fog lights:p

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
What do you mean it's bullshit? I know I saw an Asian guy, in a lab coat, pour a swirling bottle of water into another.

AND, there was an old lady who stated her son got a speeding ticket IN A FOUR CYLINDER!!!

Who can argue with them facts?!

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
I used to get speeding tickets in my 3 cylinder Geo Metro!!:biggest:

Yeah it was only 55hp, but it drove like a go-cart. Shimmied like a sonufabitch at anything over 75, though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:nuetron:
Hmm should I get one of those Larry Ganz intakes?
They sound good and there not very expensive. This is kinda a stupid question but his " stage 1 " intake wont void my warranty will it?
Thanks,
Devon

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
tonberryking said:
:nuetron:
Hmm should I get one of those Larry Ganz intakes?
They sound good and there not very expensive. This is kinda a stupid question but his " stage 1 " intake wont void my warranty will it?
Thanks,
Devon
The GanzFlow cold air intake is the best bang for the buck intake for the Subaru. I love mine, and the only reason it's going away soon is because I'm going turbo. The Ganz doesn't have quite as much of a HP increase as the Cobb intake ( www.cobbtuning.com ), but the Cobb is about twice as much, and there is usually a long wait to get it. And the difference in gains between the two is very small (Ganz has a little more gain down low, Cobb has a little bit more up high, I think). Oh, and if you get the Ganz, get a good filter too (K&N or AmsOil). And the Ganz will not void you warrenty. In fact, nothing will void your warrenty unless they can prove that your mod caused the failure of the part you are getting worked on.

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
The PDM intake is actually EXACTLY like the previous generation GanzFlow, the one I have. It's a great intake, especially for the money, but personally, I'd rather give my money to Larry because he's such a great guy, and didn't rip off someone elses design *cough*PDM*cough*. Plus, the new Ganz is 1/2" bigger, so it's capable of flowing more air if you do the stage2 intake. But with either of these intakes (with a filter), you are looking at gains of about 10, maybe 15HP. It's not a ton, but it's enough that you notice it. Especially off the line, with much snappier throttle responce, and noticable gain in bottom-end power, not to mention the cool howl they have at wide open throttle:D Either way, you are getting a great intake for a great price (especially if you go with the PDM). Just remember to pair it up with a filter!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts