Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female friend who is the market for a new-to-her car. I am trying to push her towards the Subaru persuasion but she is reluctant because she thinks she is too short for them. Her first couple of cars where crazy dangerous GM crap not worth mentioning, then she had a 96 Civic hatchback that turned out to be more of a pain in the ass than it first appeared.

The reason she is reluctant to take a closer look at Subies is because she thinks she is too short to drive them. She is about 4 feet, 10 inches tall. She has been in my 96 Legacy L as a passenger and I started to teach her to drive stick shift in my 99 Impreza OBS. (She was starting to get it too!)

Due to her budget, I am trying to get her into a 01 or earlier Impreza 2.5RS. Are there any short men/women here that drive Subarus or are you all the tall supermodel types? lol. I will be showing this thread to her to try to convince her that she needs a Subaru so get your best sales lingo out!!

Thanks all!!

I also put this on SubieGirls.com but this is a more active forum, figured I would get some quicker responses here!

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I agree! She has been using a pillow to sit on in her Civic and when she was driving her Cavalier, (shivers are sent down my spine just thinking of that car...) she sat on a pillow, on a phone book.

I know that swapping in a WRX seat raises the seating position an inch, but she says, "whats an inch going to do?":rolleyes:

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
The female members here don't look tall next to their cars, maybe you could post in the women's thread asking if any of them are below 5' ? Cavalier.... :noes:

·
aka obs111
2004 WRB WRX
970 Posts
Subaru's aren't big. Actually they are not big at all lol. I am not that big either and I feel big in my car. WRX and STI seats may sit a little low for her, but my OBS seats fit my girlfriend great and she is only 5'0"

·
EJ Money Pit
05 LGT Limited OBP 5 Speed
1,085 Posts
I am 5'11" and I find my RS to be extremely tiny and almost uncomfortable to drive due to its size. Especially compared to my old 2.5i.

I think she will be just fine.

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,650 Posts
I'm 6'5" and I never found the RS uncomfortable. Even now I drive the 98 wagon and my legs feel cramped only once in awhile. And I'm in the car several hours a day.

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
A female friend of mine is 4'11...teaching her to drive my car, she had a pillow (which she uses in her own car as well), and like, a jacket i had in the car to boost herself up. Even then she had the seat fully forward and I think could just about floor the clutch.

WRX seat would probably help. Along with the pillow.

·
Registered
Black 98 2.5 RS
736 Posts
I'm 5 foot tall and I'm perfectly fine in my 98 RS. It's a tiny car, I don't even sit all the way forward. Did I miss a memo about girls of my height needing pillows to drive?

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
I know that this isn't the GRM forum, but even here, could the answer always be...

Miata.

Also, a neat little trick (though hard to pull off) is to take whatever chair she normally sits in, and chop 1" off the legs. When she falls down into it because it's too short, that would be the opportunity to say "see, 1" seating height makes a huge difference!"

I did that to my sister once on april fools, Hilarious!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.