Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
97, Impreza L
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I'm doing a 4eat to 5sp swap on my 1997 L. The tranny is out of an '01 rs. I also have the oem replacement exedy clutch and LW flywheel.
Here is the problem...when I went to bleed the clutch system I noticed the fork had play in it. You can pull the fork back away from the end of the slave cylinder. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the pressure plate from a 97 is taller then one from an 01 and that is causing the play in the fork.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

· Banned
5,165 Posts
The pressure plate is the same shape and size from an L to RS. There should be some play in the clutch fork. Once you have everything put together there shouldn't be any play. Why are you going with the hydraulic clutch? I kept my L cable when I switched to '00RS transmission.

· Banned
5,165 Posts
No. That's not what I meant. I had a 5mt but i did a 00 RS tranny swap so I can have that shorter gearing. I kept with the cable clutch line instead of swapping to the hydraulic like they have on the RS's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.